I have a troubleshooting method to tutoring; I let students flick through a particular topic alone and they can either complete all the questions or just identify those of which they are aware they can do without help. When a student finds a question they cannot complete without help, I work through that particular question with them, so by the time we are done with a session, they have gained something from the session.
I am an economics student at the University of Bristol. At A-Level, I obtained A*AA in mathematics, further mathematics, and economics respectively. I have tutored up to GCSE maths in groups of 3-5 for a term at secondary school and would like to expand to economics and business studies.
(concealed information) – (concealed information)9
I am currently a student at the University of Bristol, studying the Economics. I enjoy working within small teams; my sixth form college organised my tutoring experience at Kingsford school, and during the placement, there were many times in which my fellow students and I had to work together to effectively explain different topics to the students; it was enjoyable to learn how other people communicate difficult concepts and I taught me to be adaptable and use a variety of approaches when communicating. During my work as a waiter in small family run restaurant, I have learned to communicate with a variety of different people and believe this will serve me will in the future.
• Confident communicator: English (native language), German (basic speaking, reading and writing).
o Can give individual and group presentations.
o Can also relay instructions and details quickly and clearly.
• Higher mathematical skills
o Problem solving
o Can produce and critique real world models
• Computer literate
o Experience with R Studio and Excel for statistical modelling
University of Bristol (2019-present) Economics BSc
• First year modules
o Economics 1
o Economics 2
o Economic Data
o Mathematics for Economics
o Globalisation and Development
o Probability and Statistics
London Academy of Excellence (2017- 2019) A-Levels
• Mathematics -A*
• Economics -A
• Further Mathematics -A
St Bonaventure’s RC Secondary school (2012-2017)
• 10 A*-B/9-7 GCSEs, including Mathematics and English.
• Distinction in AQA English Spoken Language.
• Customer service skills.
o Can serve at tills/stalls.
o Can memorise and take customer orders
Sticky Wings Waiter July 2019-September 2019
• Greeting customers and seating upon entering the restaurant
• Taking food orders
• Ensuring restaurant was stocked
• Working the till within the restaurant
• Responsible for hygiene checks within the restaurant
Lockton Companies Reinsurance Trainee Actuary/Shadowing Actuarial Team July 2018-August 2018
• Shadowed the actuarial team.
• Using Microsoft Excel and VBA, built a stochastic catastrophe model to price a risk and then explaining then describing conclusions drawn from the model to a broker.
• Sorted clients’ contracts using Excel.
• Performed market research on insurance firms to help profile Lockton.
• Undertook a course created by an actuary at Lockton’s to gain practical Excel skills.
Kingsford Community School GCSE Mathematics Tutor September 2017 – December 2017
• Tutored year 11 students every Friday in GCSE mathematics.
• Explaining difficult mathematical rules and theorems to students.
• Giving worked examples of questions.
• Marking and providing students with feedback on individual questions.
• Empathising with and motivating students when they find a particular question or topic challenging.
National Citizens Service Participant August 2017-August 2017
• A summer course for young people, in which I worked to promote a local charity (Royal Docks Learning & Activity Centre).
• Participated in a number of soft-skills workshops (public-speaking, social interaction, etc).
• Performing a pitch to a panel of judges on a plan to promote my team’s chose charity.
• Publicly promoting a charity via social media and poster distribution.
• Working with and motivating my team members.
References available upon request
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
Taking tax system lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£11||£7|
|5 hours||Not available||£23||£35|
|10 hours||Not available||£37||£70|