My teaching methodology varies based on individual student's requirements but is always focused upon exam board specifications. Previous students I have taught were new to their studies, thus, I was able to focus entirely on fundamental principles, consolidating and building upon what they had learned in class before progressing. Other students are now beginning to approach their exams, therefore, I have focused upon advanced, niche theory as an extension to prior knowledge to allow them to attain high grades with stand out answers to difficult questions.
Regardless of what stage of their studies my students are at, I always endeavour to instil key exam technique principles. I do this by providing exam materials, help sheets and in-depth explanations of how to approach and successfully write high-level answers. I believe having a well-defined exam technique to be the most overlooked, yet most important factor when considering a student's performance. It is certainly the key behind my grades and I have found that sharing my understanding of it with my students to be most effective in transforming their attainment.
I am an incoming economics student at the University of Nottingham and am currently on a gap year. I received A*A*A at A level and have had the good fortune to be able to teach many students, this past year, the techniques I used to ensure exam success across the board.
Rates will vary based on the distance required to travel.
Incoming economics student at the University of Nottingham
A levels - economics, geography, psychology (A*A*A)
10 GCSEs (3A*, 6A, 1B)
Private tutor for the past academic year (since September)
- Speciality in teaching economics, geography, psychology and business studies (up to GCSE only)
- Focus upon building exam confidence, developing a strong exam technique and providing in-depth explanations to theories and principles (with examples where possible).
- Able to work with any level of ability and confident in my aptitude to improve attainment, while helping students to appreciate and enjoy their subject.
Accounting Intern (Summer 2017) - Sibbald's Chartered Accountants
- An enjoyable week spent working throughout the business with numerous professionals, gaining key insights into work in a related field to my studies.
Research Assistant (Summer 2017) - University of Derby
- A week working alongside social scientists, improving my knowledge of the scientific method and its applications to solving real-world issues.
- An enjoyable experience providing a view of the working life of researchers and PhDs.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£19||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£150|