My teaching method is based on three key features.
Firstly, I aim to understand the personality and motivation of each student, enabling me to tailor my communication to the way in which an individual learns best.
Secondly, I combine conceptual and big-picture understanding with the required content in order to help students understand the relevance to what they are learning. This improves the motivation level of students, as they understand how such knowledge can help them beyond the exam hall.
Finally, I help students achieve their desired grades by teaching them how to play the game of the exam. Given the way that exams are assessed, it is vital to tailor answers towards mark-schemes and give examiners exactly what they look for to secure high grades.
I am a final year economics student at the University of Exeter. At A-Level, I achieved an A* in economics, due to my exam-focused approach, which I aim to share with my students.
I also have practical experience working in the banking industry, having worked for Lloyds Banking Group in their Risk department for one year as part of my degree.
Finally, I have been coaching football since the age of 16, a useful skill which helps me to explain concepts to students in a way tailored to their learning.
Group lessons will be at a lower rate per student. Please contact me to discuss.
Email: (concealed information)
2016 - Present: University of Exeter, Economics with Industrial Experience
Achieved 2:1 in 1st & 2nd year
2011 - 2016: The Latymer School, London
• A-Levels: Mathematics (A), Economics (A*), German (B)
• GCSEs: 4 A*s,6 As
September 2020 – Present: Technical Coordinator for Exeter University Ladies Football Club
• Developing the technical and tactical ability of players in the 1st and 2nd teams, in addition to helping maintain their psychological wellbeing
• Building strong relationships with each player, facilitating more effective coaching through communication tailored to varying personalities.
July 2019 – July 2020: Risk Analyst at Lloyds Banking Group (Industrial Experience)
• As part of the retail risk oversight team, I worked across all retail portfolios on various LBG brands, gaining a broad understanding of the business
• I examined large datasets to detect inconsistencies and conducted trended analysis on seasonal statistics, all of which improved my analytical skills
• Operated in various workstreams of over 130 people across the division, developing my ability to effectively communicate and contribute within a professional culture
September 2019 - April 2020: u13s Coach at Totally Goal Football Club (TGFC)
• Planned and delivered regular training sessions
• Managed the team on match-days, including logistical organisation and communication with parents
November 2018 - May 2019: 1st Team Coach: Exeter University Ladies Football Club
• Planned and delivered training sessions while also managing the team on match-days
• Improved my ability to foster a collaborative and positive culture, resulting in enhanced team performance and team morale
July 2018 - August 2018: Football Coach at UK Elite (Washington, USA)
• Coached players of different ages and abilities while collaborating with colleagues to set up camps, developing my leadership and teamwork capabilities
• Implemented reward systems to increase players’ competitive appetite and work ethic
August 2016 - April 2017: Football Coach for Arsenal in the Community
• Acted for 3 months in New Delhi as under 13s head coach for the IYSA New Delhi Josh Academy in New Delhi, working with children from lower socio-economic backgrounds
• Worked across London primary and secondary schools, delivering football sessions within PE lessons
June 2020 – December 2020: Co-founder of TopThreeGuide.com
• Created a free platform which helps people to become more productive in their professional and personal life
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£18||£100|