I am an undergraduate student studying BSC Economics in my final year, although I have 12-month placement experience in Supply Chain. I aim to enhance the learning of fellow undergraduates and A-Level students. As a tutor, I am patient and like to work to the student's pace (albeit not too slow)! I try to shift more of an emphasis on learning, not teaching and reading from a book.
I have taught a number of students at AS and A-Level Economics, boosting their grades by at least one grade (based on predicted grades). Have tutored a couple of individuals who were in their first year of Economics. In addition, I have applied knowledge from data modules (e.g. Econometrics), into my line of work in Supply Chain.
All tutoring sessions based via webcam (although if local, arrangements can be made).
An ambitious undergraduate student at Swansea University studying BSc Economics. Through my previous work experience in supply-chain, I have shown my ability to manipulate and turnaround large volumes of data to assist with key business decisions. I also have a key interest in studying the impacts of socio-economic inequality in less-economically developed countries. In the future, I see myself progressing my career in the supply-chain as well as improving in the field of data analytics.
2014-2018 Swansea University, BSc (Hons) Economics
• Graduating in 2018 with an expected grade of at least a 2:1.
• Modules studied:
o International Economics and Trade
o Development Economics
o Advanced Economic Analysis
2007 – 2014 Sir Thomas Rich’s School, Gloucester
• Economics A*; Geography A; Biology B
• 3A*s, including Mathematics and German
• 8As, including Economics, English Literature and Geography
Supply Chain Placement Student, Tata Steel (September 2016 – September 2017)
• High-level analysis of data sets and reverting information back to stakeholders in manageable levels, primarily on the UK/Europe and USA Road Strategy.
• Enhancing company relations when communicating feedback and resolving issues with suppliers.
• Obtaining quotes from shipping lines for the containers business whilst updating monthly matrices.
• Progressive learning shown on e-sourcing tool, TiContract, and Excel in order to produce highly-detailed evaluations, such as carrier adoption scenario building.
• Ability to challenge colleagues over project proposals whilst remaining sensitive to drive projects forward toward completion.
• Self-discipline to keep aligned with tight deadlines over multiple projects.
Customer Service Representative, All Fleet Services (August 2016 - September 2016)
• Cooperating with customers and garages to schedule fleet vehicles.
• Responding to customer calls professionally and efficiently, as they are the primary focus of all activities.
• Resolving customer complaints in order to uphold customer satisfaction.
Sales Assistant, Brantano Footwear (July 2015 – April 2016)
• Sales and KPI targets achieved through delivery of excellent customer service, for example, attaining 2.5% shoe care sales per shift.
• Started on a temporary basis and after proving reliable and responsible, have been provided with a zero hour contract for holiday periods.
• Responsible for balancing the till at the end of shifts.
Crew Member, McDonald’s Ltd. (June 2013 – November 2013)
• Predominantly involved working in the drive-thru of a local store, ensuring that the drive-thru ran as smoothly as possible whilst delivering an exceptionally high standard of customer service.
• Maintaining high hygiene levels at all times in order to meet the Food Standards Agency hygiene ratings.
• Responsibility of securely closing the store on late shifts.
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Solid knowledge when using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. In addition, experience using the statistical package EViews.
• Represented Gloucestershire Badminton Association including at ‘The Harrod Under 17 County Challenge’.
• Acted as captain of the Gloucestershire Badminton Association team on selected occasions, allowing me to apply my skills of being a leader under pressurised circumstances.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
Taking econometrics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£120|