- levels: beginners, intermediate, upper intermediate
- learners: age 6 to adult (individual or small group)
- technique: listening and speaking before reading and writing
- key point: meaningful reinforcement and repetition
- teaching content: pinyin, MPS, conversation and reading
- teaching method: integrated (direct method, CLT, TPR, task-based, etc.)
- 3 years of teaching experience in Mandarin/Chinese
- received standard Mandarin-teaching training in Taiwan
- can teach both pinyin+simplified and MPS+traditional
- over 10 years of teaching experience in language teaching (majorly in English)
- students enjoyed learning and were more motivated not only by their academic improvement but also the practical connection with the subject
- cancellation within 2 hrs before class demands cost of travel £ 5
Mandarin Daily News Language Center
Mandarin Department Mar. 2015 - Sept. 2017
Advisor, Teacher & Administrator
- Coordinated administration work.
- Managed and planned annual budget.
- Designed summer/winter Mandarin programs (around 650 students/year).
- Interviewed and trained teachers (3 teachers/year).
- Chaired meetings and workshops for teachers (15-20 teachers).
- Conducted Mandarin Phonetic Symbols courses and Basic Mandarin courses.
English Department Oct. 2011 - Mar. 2015
Teacher & Academic Administrator
- Conducted GEPT courses and English writing courses for high school students.
- Designed syllabuses, worksheets for reading and writing courses.
- Designed summer/winter English programs (around 60 students/year).
- Assisted teacher training and organized workshops for teachers (8-10 teachers).
Ko-Jen English Centers Oct. 2004 - Oct.2011
English Teacher and Academic Assistant
- Conducted phonics, KK phonetics and children English courses.
- Checked lesson plans and telephone teaching of teachers.
- Made worksheets and designed summer/winter courses.
Fu Jen Catholic University Department of English Language and Literature Oct. 2008 - Oct. 2009
- Helped students with English composition and updated on-line teaching materials.
- Applied for reimbursement and managed administrative work.
GVC Thanksgiving Foundation Chia-Mei Church Apr. 2004 – Jun. 2007
- Conducted Basic English, conversation, and intermediate reading courses for adults.
King’s College London
Master Program, Education Management Sept. 2018 - present
Fu-Jen Catholic University Taipei, Taiwan
Master of Arts, English Language and Literature Sept. 2007-Jun. 2010
Educational Program for Secondary School Teachers Sept. 2006-Jun. 2007
Bachelor of Arts, English Language and Literature Sept. 2003-Jun. 2007
Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: 81 hours
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£115||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£220||Not available|