My lessons will be based around what my students are currently studying at school or college. I advise students to present me with issues they are having with certain topics, or individual maths problems that are causing them grief. I would ideally set some work to do between sessions, and a portion of the time in each session would be going over what they've done. I'm quite easy to contact, so students can message me with problems or questions that they can't answer.
I'm a Mechatronics engineer, starting my second year at the University of Manchester. I've got lots of experience assisting my peers with mathematics problems. I attained an A in A-level Mathematics, and received firsts in my university Mathematics 1E1 and 1E2 exams.
Thomas Arthur Barkley
An enthusiastic, trustworthy and reliable student, currently studying at the University of Manchester
Mobile phone number: +(concealed information)18
E-mail Address: (concealed information)
2012-2015 (Portland Place School)
- 10 GCSE’s at grades at A/B - Grade A in Maths, Physics, Biology, English Literature, Drama and Italian
2015 – 2017 (Albemarle Independent College)
- Completed 3 A-Levels in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry
- Gained two A's and one A*, respectively
2017 - Present (University of Manchester)
- Currently an undergraduate studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Gained a GPA of 78.667/100 for my 1st year of university.
- About to enter my second year of study.
2015 – Present St. George the Martyr’s Food Bank
- Working voluntarily for a food bank at a local church, St George the Martyr’s in my summer holidays (and whenever they ask me to). The work involves multiple skills, such as good relations with people, an ability to organise, and a sense of prioritisation.
- In addition, over the most recent summer period, I've been assisting with the church with an initiative aimed at preparing and serving meals to underprivileged children who normally receive free school meals. I was actively involved in the cooking and making of these meals. Greatly developed my skills relating to organisation and working on a strict time limit.
- Also gained more experience and skill at cooking, a pastime I enjoy greatly.
2015 – Present Child Care / Babysitting Services
- Currently employed on an ad-hoc basis by local residents for babysitting services.
- Through this work, I have gained a greater sense of responsibility and maturity.
2014 UCL Target Medicine
- Worked with the target medicine group for UCL, a project which aims to inspire students from non selective state schools to consider a career in medicine and to mentor and support them through the process of applying to a medical school.
- Assisted in general administration work, including filing, organising and other office related work.
- Enabled a broader understanding of everyday working life and the inner mechanisms of the workplace.
2006 - 2012 Southwark Cathedral Boy's Choir
- Paid position as Chorister in Southwark Cathedral Boys Choir for 6 years, and was Head Chorister for 3 years. Left when voice broke.
- This position required a strong sense of commitment, with responsibility for leading the treble choristers and regular performance at church services 3 times a week.
2016 Work Experience at Ramboll UK
- Completed a week long work experience placement at Ramboll, a Structural Engineering company.
- Taught me about how engineering practices and principles are applied in an office setting, and how they integrate with the project management and teamwork side of engineering.
- Designed lighting arrangements for rooms for the CrossRail project in London. Learned a lot about light regulations.
I am also interested in non-fiction books, cooking/baking and keeping fit.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||Not available|