I am a passionate qualified double bass and music theory teacher with an MA and BMus from the Royal Academy of Music. I love being able to share my knowledge of the double bass with others and and am happy to teach all ages and abilities.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Double Bass, Music Theory and Musicianship
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA in Music and BMUS (Hons) from the the Royal Academy of Music. LRAM Teaching Diploma with Honours. ATCL Diploma in Double Bass performance. 9 GCSE's at A-B standard 3 A Levels at A-C standard
- How much do you charge?
Double Bass, Musicianship and Music Theory
£45 for one hour
£35 for 45 minutes
£25 for 30 minutes
An extra £5 is charged if I go to you for lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home in Queen's Park, North London, but I am willing to travel if it is near or in Central London, Fulham or near to North West London
- When are you available?
I am available on varying weekdays, Saturdays from 2pm onwards, and on Sundays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and abilities. The youngest Double Bass student I'd be happy to teach would be 5, depending on their height and arm length.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare them for the Associated Board exams or Trinity Guildhall exams, where appropriate. However, if the pupil does not wish to do exams, or if I do not feel it is right for them, then that is also fine.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I absolutely love to teach, and wish to inspire more children and adults to start learning the double bass, as it is such a fantastic and versatile instrument! I also believe that music theory is a vital part of being an all rounded musician. Please contact me if you are looking for lessons or have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!
Eloise is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
City of London School for Girls - Double Bass teacher
Junior Guildhall Music Course and String Training Programme - Double Bass teacher
Kensington Prepatory and Fulham Prepatory School - Double Bass teacher
South London Youth Orchestra - Double bass tutor.
Private teaching - aged 6-adult
From all these teaching activities as well as my LRAM Diploma studies, I have gained a wide knowledge of repertoire and styles of teaching.
London Basses Workshops - Director of Double Bass workshops in London
Creative Futures - workshop leader in a school for hearing impaired students
Open Academy Fellow - 2014/2015
Croydon Alzheimer's Society - Co- led workshops for people living with Dementia
Creative Futures and Music House for Children: Workshop leader in both nursery and drop-in settings.
English Chamber Orchestra - Coached young people on chamber music with members of ECO.
Resonate dementia charity- worked closely with clients with dementia and their carers.
English Touring Opera - have worked with them on a few occasions both in mainstream and special needs schools.
The Academy of St Martin's in the Fields - worked with homeless adults creating music together.
I am an extremely versatile perfomer and enjoy performing orchestral music, opera and contemporary music, as well as recording in studios.
Orchestral work highlights:
• BBC National Orchestra of Wales
• London Contemporary Orchestra
• Welsh National Opera
• The Street Orchestra of London: Principal
• Belmont Ensemble
• Cardiff Sinfonietta - Extra list
• Eroica Ensemble
• Outcry Ensemble: Principal and Tutti
• Orpheus Sinfonia: Principal
• The Little Orchestra
• Janus Ensemble
• London Symphony Orchestra String Scheme
Solo & Chamber Music
• Temple Music Foundation: Quintet with Solo harp
• Scordatura: Women's Music Collective: An ensemble championing music written by women. Repertoire ranges from the baroque to contemporary and world music. (2017 onwards)
• Trio Giocoso for Double Bass, Viola and Piano (2017)
• Ensemble included music for Double Bass Trio in concerts such as 'Vienna City of Dreams' in the United Reform Chuch, Farnham, 'Bass Bass Bass' and 'The Double Bass Sings' both in St Mary's Church, Slough.
• Have recently premiered many solo and ensemble pieces eg 'Spanish Sounds' by Simon Garcia, 'Suite for Eloise', 'Moving On' and 'Moving on again' by Tony Osborne and one movement of 'Dance Suite' by Eric Funk.
I believe that my knowledge of double bass repertoire and my experience of playing in different types of ensembles make me an all rounded musician and teacher.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained with Graham Mitchell and Duncan Mctier at the Royal Academy of Music. I have also trained with Rodney Stewart in order to achieve Honours in my LRAM Diploma. Previously I studied with David Heyes and Catherine Elliot.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Yes, the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
• MA and BMus (Hons) Double Bass
• LRAM with Honours
• Enhanced CRB check
• Incorporated Music Society
Eloise is a wonderful teacher. She is professional and passionate about the bass, and while she has high expectations of her students, she is also caring, encouraging and supportive in equal measure. Eloise has a natural charm and is very good at picking up on her student's weaknesses as well as strengths. Eloise is an inspiration to my daughter, and I would recommend Eloise without question.
Eloise has a very warm and fun personality and her enthusiasm and attention to detail is very infectious. She has a very natural way of connecting with her students and is not afraid to challenge them to get the best out of them. She is an excellent communicator and very approachable. We also found that she picks up any problems with technique immediately and has a strong sense for getting the basics right first. She has a great way in encouraging her students that they can do anything if they want to. Eloise runs fantastic workshops too and you can tell that she truly loves the double bass and music in general.
Eloise is an excellent teacher who has helped our daughter to achieve a very standard of playing. She has exacting standards, a passion for excellence and great attention to detail as well as being a supportive teacher. She is highly recommended.
My daughter has benefited enormously from having Eloise as her double bass teacher. Eloise's knowledge of the instrument is superb and her teaching rigorous. She spends a lot of time thinking about how to help her students and goes to the extra trouble of arranging pupil concerts to give them an opportunity to perform. She is an excellent teacher.
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||£45||Not available|