I am an experienced oboe teacher in West London. Let me introduce you to this wonderful instrument.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Oboe, Music Theory, GCSE Music, and A Level Music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I studied Music at Durham University, graduating with a first class degree and awards for academic achievement. As a postgraduate I studied Oboe Performance at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama completing an MMus qualification with Distinction. I was awarded the Guildhall Oboe Prize in 2016.
- How much do you charge?
My standard rate is £40/hour.
- Where do you teach?
I will travel to your home for lessons. I am based in West London but am very happy to travel to most places in the London area.
- When are you available?
I am available to teach during the day or after school/evenings, including weekends and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages, and from absolute beginner to advanced students.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for ABRSM exams, GCSE and A-Level exams, and Music Scholarship exams, but I also understand that not all students will wish to take exams and will always tailor my teaching to the individual and their goals.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can make arrangements for online tutoring to suit individuals.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have several years experience as a private music teacher and tutor and before moving to London I held Oboe Teaching positions at Leweston School, Sherborne, and Bruton School for Girls. My experience teaching in schools also includes GCSE and A-Level Music class teaching. I have taught Music Theory to both individuals and classes and specialise in preparing students for ABRSM Grade 5 Theory exams.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date enhanced DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied Oboe first with Rosie Jenkins and subsequently with Gordon Hunt, Tim Rundle, and Alison Teale at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
• BA Music (First Class) Durham University
• MMus Oboe Performance (Distinction) The Guildhall School of Music and Drama
• Enhanced DBS
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|