I'm a friendly, encouraging teacher, with over 10 years of experience teaching students at all ages and abilities.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Oboe and Cor Anglais.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I gained a First Class undergraduate degree from the Royal Northern College of Music, where I studied with Hugh McKenna and Tom Davey.
I then went on to study at the Royal College of Music with Chris Cowie, where I was awarded the Advanced Postgraduate Diploma with Distinction.
I also have grade 8 Flute (Distinction) and grade 7 Piano.
- How much do you charge?
- Where do you teach?
I am happy to travel to students' homes to teach. I'm based in South East London, so areas could include Sydenham, Penge, Crystal Palace, Honor Oak, Brockley, Anerley, Forest Hill, Norwood Junction, Croydon, Bromley, Canada Water and Central London.
- When are you available?
My schedule is very flexible; slots are available throughout the week, daytime as well as evenings.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages and abilities welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I have lots of experience preparing student for ABRSM and Trinty exams.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype lessons can be arranged.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 10 years of experience teaching in schools and privately. I have held the position of oboe tutor at Hackney Youth Orchestra since 2008, and worked with Enfield Music Service since 2015. I also have a busy performing career, playing regularly with BBC National Orchestra of Wales, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, and Glyndebourne Touring Opera.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• Royal Northern College of Music, BMus (Hons) - First Class
• Royal College of Music, Advanced Postgraduate Diploma - Distinction
• Current DBS check
• ISM member
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|