I have a very friendly approach towards students seeking for help or advice. First I get to know the student's understanding of a new topic, then go over it and finally solve practice questions along with the student. I always organising teaching such that there is enough time for practice tests before exams. I am very patient with teaching and do not mind explaining until the student has fully understood the. I am adaptive with approaching deadline and assist students with assignments and coursework if required.
MSc (Eng) Advanced Control and Systems Engineering graduate (Grade 2:1) from the University of Sheffield. Graduate in BEng Mechanical Engineering with Honours (Grade 2:1) from Coventry University. Demonstrating skills in a wide range of industry software. 4 years of teaching assistance and tutoring experience in the UK with students from diverse backgrounds.
Rates are subject to change depending on the level of teaching or assignment and coursework requirements. Cancellation free subject to payment of travel costs.
Name: Prath Khatavkar
Email Address: (concealed information)
Email Address 2: (concealed information)
Date of Birth: 07/09/1994
Educational Stage: University graduate (multiple degrees completed)
School Grades: GCSE Equivalent: Secondary School Certificate (2010)
1) English: 63%
2) Mathematics: 80%
3) Science and Technology: 95%
4) Social Sciences: 87%
A Level Equivalent: Foundation Certificate in Science and Engineering from the Sheffield International College (2013)
1) English: 80%
2) Strategies for Listening and Speaking: 75%
3) Introductory Skills for Scientific Reading and Writing: 63%
4) Scientific Essay Writing and Poster Presentation: 73%
5) Engineering Physics: 52%
6) Applied Mathematics: 52%
7) Foundation Mathematics: Pass
8) Fundamentals of Science: Pass
9) Physical Sciences: Pass
Degree Subject: Engineering
Degree Details: MSc (Eng) Advanced Control and Systems Engineering
University of Sheffield
Grade: Merit (2:1)
Sept 2018 – Sept 2019
Key Modules: Foundation of Control Systems; State-Space, Non-Linear and Optimal Control; Signal Processing and Estimation; Embedded Systems and Rapid Control Prototyping; Advanced Industrial Control; Industrial training programme in Advanced Manufacturing; Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
BEng Mechanical Engineering with Honours
Grade: Upper Second Class (2:1)
Jan 2014 – Jul 2017
Key Modules: Professional Development and Management; Stress & Dynamic Analysis; Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics; Finite Element Analysis; Advanced Materials and Manufacturing; Designing with Computers.
Subject(s) Offered: English as a Foreign Language (EFL), 11+, English Language, History, Physics, University Applications, 11+ Pre-Tests, Science, Geography, 7+, 8+, Chemistry, Engineering, Maths, Hindi
Tutoring Locations: Country wide if online.
Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and London in person.
University of Sheffield’s SunByte III
Project with NASA – Structure Team Leader
Oct 2018 – Sept 2019
1) Utilising theoretical knowledge, engineering expertise and networking with students and companies from all over Europe to design and build the instrumentation which will be able to gather scientific quality data of the Sun’s dynamic and highly magnetised atmosphere
2) Research into beam splitters, optical filters, cameras and focusing systems
3) Explore novel manufacturing techniques such as 3D printing to produce a low-cost Nova Balloon Lifted Solar Telescope.
Winter School – Design Thinking Workshop
Hochschule Luzern, Switzerland
Feb 2015 – Feb 2015
Grade: A (95 %) with 3 ECTS
1) The projects were allocated by Mammut Sports Group and Logitech. A dynamic climbing wall was developed and presented by using the design thinking process of Stanford University, California
2) Assess innovative ideas, identify customer and user needs or find solutions to complex interdisciplinary problems
3) Communicating effectively with audiences of all sizes and different technical backgrounds.
Course and Service Representative
Coventry University Students’ Union
Jan 2014 – Aug 2015
1) Worked as a course representative and got promoted to the position of service representative in the IT service area.
2) Gathering feedback relating to user experience with technology on campus
3) Chairing and minute taking of formal and informal meetings within forums and faculties on a regular basis
4) Communicating with senior staff to discuss feedback from peers.
Languages Spoken: English (native), Hindi (non-native (fluent)), Marathi (non-native (fluent)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£290||£150|