I approach my lessons by planning some theory on each topic, followed by some questions. Once the student is happy with all the content in a particular module, we will recap with some exam-style questions.
Alternatively, I go through past papers, helping with exam technique, or any other area the student may be struggling with before a test
I'm a Mechanical Engineer, studying at the University of Southampton. I've been giving private tutorials at all levels for the past 2 years, covering anything from KS1 to University entrance tests. I have done both online tutorials and one to one.
Having spent over a year in a dental laboratory, I have learnt how to work successfully in a team under great time pressure, without sacrificing the quality of work produced.
Proficient Private Tutor, knowledgeable about protocols for homebound students. Computer savvy and trained in various CAD packages and programming languages. Can bring a wide range of subject expertise to any level of tutoring from KS1 to university entrance tests.
Private Tutor, 04/2019 to Current
Tutor Hunt – Southampton, HAM
• Worked to strict exam and coursework deadlines, preparing student accordingly for confidence and success.
• Collaborated with the student, creating strategic, achievable learning schemes to reach timely, desired goals.
Private Tutor, 11/2018 to Current
MyTutor – Southampton, HAM
• Achieved proven improvements and high exam success rates, resulting in excellent student feedback.
• Helped students prepare for routine and standardised tests, including college entrance exams.
Dental Technician, 09/2017 to 09/2018
Byrnes Dental Laboratory – Wheatley, Oxfordshire
• Mixed porcelain and other materials for tooth moulds used in offices and laboratories with high-quality and accurate results.
• Used 3Shape and ExoCad Cad/Cam to produce Crowns, Bridges and Implants from a variety of manufactures, continuously maintaining safety and accuracy.
• Managed the smooth operation of 3D Scanners to produce models for every department in the laboratory.
• Proficient in Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, 3Shape, ExoCad, and OpenSim
• Ability to program in MatLab and Python
• Trained in the use of Microsoft Office
• Patience and understanding • Motivational encouragement
• Revision techniques
• Background in vehicle mechanics
Master of Engineering: Biomechanical Engineering, 2022
University of Southampton - Southampton
Oundle School - Oundle
Physics - Grade D3
Maths - Grade A
Biology - Grade A
Electronics - Grade A
Extended Project Qualification - Grade A*
Oundle School - Oundle
Maths - Grade A*
Physics - Grade A*
Biology - Grade A*
Chemistry - Grade A*
Electronics - Grade A*
History - Grade A*
Design and Technology - Grade A
Art - Grade A
English Language - Grade A
English Literature - Grade A
French - Grade B
2020 - DBS Check
• Restore and rebuilt a 1931 BSA car
• Scholarship in Design and Technology to Oundle School
• Target Rifle Team Captain 2016
• University Target Rifle Team Captain 2019-2021
• BUCS Champions for Long Range Smallbore shooting 2019
• Inter-University Musketeers trophy for Fullbore shooting 2019
• Runners up in the 2016 CANSAT European satellite competition
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|