I approach my lessons with a clear goal in mind but also take into consideration personal circumstances and targets. I am happy to tech anything from preschool to national 5 level. I look to build a strong professional working relationship with clients and allow them to progress at a speed which they're both comfortable with and also on track to succeed at set goals.
I am an engineering student at strathclyde but also experience coaching high performance ski racing and other sports happy to teach whatever is needed but with a more coaching based approach letting them learn and grow there own ability with guidance.
If there is any significant travel then we will work it out.
Address - 21 St. Andrews St, Glasgow G1 5PD Phone - (concealed information)3
Email - (concealed information)
To secure employment to fund further education:
• Gain experience across a range of skills and activities.
• Develop my employability skills.
• Demonstrate high levels punctuality, reliability and independent
The New School Butterstone
• National 5: English-A, Maths-A, Physics-B, Geography-B, Chemistry-B
• LAMDA Grade 6 Bronze Award - Distinction
• BASI Level 1 Alpine Instructor
• SOS Outdoor Emergency First Aid (2 day)
• Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure Level 2 2018;
• UKCP Level 1 Alpine Coaching (Trained)
• Higher: English-B, Maths-C, Physics-C, Geography-D
• LAMDA Grade 7 group acting - Merit
West College Scotland
• Advanced HNC Engineering Systems – A (Predicted) 2019;
• RYA Dinghy Instructor Endorsed – Start Racing, Spinnakers and
• RYA Powerboat Lvl 2
• British Airways – Work experience week.
Shop Assistant | Grahams of Inverness - 10/07/2017 – 15/08/2017
• Greeting customers and offering advice where necessary on the products. Restocking shelves, cleaning and putting items through the till ie, Payments, stock enquiries etc.
Ski Instructor/Assistant Coach | Gulabin Lodge Outdoor Centre - 01/01/2018 – 01/04/2018
• Creating a structured and safe learning environment for children and adults to give them good safe experiences of skiing at all levels while
Thomas James Goodman
improving their technique and confidence. Coaching a group of young skiers to improve their performance to the best of their abilities and beyond.
Food and Beverage Assistant | Dunkeld House Hotel - 12/06/2018 – 23/08/2018
• Providing guests with a professional yet welcoming dining experience at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also assisting at a variety of functions and events to ensure guest satisfaction.
Alpine Race Coach | Bearsden Ski Club - 15/09/2018 – Present
• Producing a curriculum for each block of coaching for two session to develop and inspire young racers to reach their full potential. Multitasking, lateral thinking and planning are skills that I am developing to allow me to tailor the learning experience to each individual and build up a professional working relationship.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Communication Lateral thinking Physical fitness
As a ski instructor, you must be able to communicate in a calm clear manner in all weather conditions and be able articulate yourself to make the most effective statement to that client to aid their technique and improve their experience.
In coaching, the aim is lead the group and develop everyone at their own pace and managing often very mixed ability groups to ensure the best learning environment while ensuring that they are safe.
Darren Morgan, Gulabin Lodge Outdoor Centre
Email- (concealed information)
Thomas Haughey, West College Scotland
Email- (concealed information) Adrian Dillon
Phone- (concealed information)
Email- (concealed information)
fitness lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|