English is the required language in today's business world. Gaining control of it will make you a more confident, successful and effective communicator.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Business English which includes the teaching of linguistic elements such as grammar, vocabulary, fluency and pronunciation.
Teaching Business English also encompasses soft skills training such as the giving of convincing presentations, conflict resolution, interview skills and active listening.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA degree in English
I also have a DELTA - a Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults and
a Cert IBET - a Certificate as an International Business English Teacher
- How much do you charge?
I charge £40 per hour one-to-one and £50 for small groups.
Travel expenses are charged extra. Charges are at normal AA rates for driving, or the cost of the return train fare.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in company or online. I teach in Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire. Towns include Warwick, Stratford, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Coventry, Oxford and Banbury. I can travel to parts of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.
- When are you available?
I am available from 9 - 5 on weekdays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach business people who wish to be more confident using English and business people who are preparing for presentations.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
If I tutor online, the lesson is one-to-one. The cost is £40 per hour with every 6th hour free.
Skype is the preferred platform as it is the most stable and allows text.
My hours for online tutoring are flexible and evenings and weekends are possible.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Learning a language is like learning to play tennis. You cannot learn it by reading a book, or watching someone else: you have to pick up the tennis racquet and start playing. It is more productive to play with someone better than you because you can learn by listening to and copying them.
The more you practise, the better you will get.
There is no 'perfect' - even the top tennis players make mistakes - sometimes big ones - but they don't stop playing and they don't stop practising.
Come and practise your English with me. I will help you to increase your control over the language and give you the confidence you need to speak well.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 14 years experience teaching and training business professionals at a residential centre in Warwickshire and training ex-pats in company. My clients are generally in middle and top management with jobs which take them into the global arena. They all require English of a high standard in order to be successful and effective. I have also coached people in presenting, confidence building and speaking in public.
My experience includes teaching English, training life skills such as interpersonal skills, cross-cultural competence, critical thinking, crucial conversation management, giving constructive feedback and presentation preparation and delivery.
I teach both small groups and one-to -one.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained with tutors registered by Cambridge for the DELTA qualification.
I achieved the Cert IBET online with The Consultants-e
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I belong to IATEFL, the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language.
I also belong to BESIG, which is the IATEFL Business English Special Interest Group
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Some of my current students include
- ex-pats working in the automotive industry, including a CEO, CFO, team leader, quality controller and logistics manager.
- Head of Pensions for a large multinational
- tax advisor who works in Lichtenstein. He is looking to expanding his network of clients into the international market place and wants to be confident enough to interact successfully with prospective international clients.
- a post doctoral student working on research into corporate governance
- a doctoral student doing research on the effect of the internet on activism and empowerment.
- a lawyer with a company specialising in labour law.
- the director of an NGO in Africa.
oral expression - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|