My teaching method is based on total understanding. I like to listen to my tutees and allow them to discover the knowledge and develop with a sense of accomplishment rather than a lecturing method. I like to keep sessions entertaining and engaging.
I am a business management trainee with a degree in English and American Studies (History, Literature and Culture) from the University of Nottingham. I have a passion for educating and I've been working with children and mentoring for 6 years.
Cancellation Policy: Please give me 4 hours notice of cancellation.
A highly motivated individual with great people skills aspiring to get immersed in an exciting challenge. I am extremely well organised with a hard-working attitude and the ability to work well under pressure. Enthusiastic and driven, currently working as Business Management Trainee.
Education / Academic Qualifications
Degree: 2:1 BA with Joint Honours English and American Studies from the University of Nottingham
A Levels: English A
Sport (AS) C
GCSEs: 11 GCSEs (1 A*, 5 A, 2 B, 3 C, 1 Distinction)
2018 - 2019 Business Management Trainee
2017 – 2018 Shadow Writer Placement - First Story
2016 – 2018 Student Ambassador - University of Nottingham
2016 – 2018 English and History Mentor - University of Nottingham
2013 – 2015 Volunteer Teaching Specialist - English and Phonetics
2013 - 2018 Waitress and Bar Worker
• Peer Mentoring in the English Department at University of Nottingham
• Achieved the Nottingham Advantage Award during my time at University, through completing modules in professionalism, mentoring and widening sport participation in schools.
• Article Writer for online publication Diss.
• Two years spent volunteering in a Primary School, focusing on developing phonetics in young children
• Student Ambassador for the NWL School Sport Partnership
• CSR Initiative Owner as well as my current role
• Eager to learn and progress
• Punctual and Well Presented
• Confident Problem Solver
• Able to work individually or in a team
• Close attention to detail
• Adaptable to new situations
• Able to work well under pressure
• Success Driven
• Strong communicator
• Critical Thinker
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to build a good rapport with tutees
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£170||£120|