I make efforts to understand the needs and characters of each student so that we can work together as effectively as possible to get the best results.
For English GCSE or A-level I begin by establishing what your exam specifications are: Excel, AQA etc. Then I help you to identify the areas that need improving for each module, so we can set about taking the most effective action to improve grades.
This I do by going through the key areas for each module with you, to assess your current level. This quickly highlights what needs doing.
For creative writing I can help you develop more of an understanding of narrative modes, use of imagery, poetry etc. I am in the midst of training as a professional script writer so i can share with you the key principles in this such as the one act play, writing great dialogue, plot and structure, and I can study the great playwrights and scriptwriters to see how they approach telling stories to greatly expand your understanding so you can apply this to your own work.
I am a naturally encouraging, I believe that this is essential for students to see improvements, and I imbue my sessions with passion. I develop confidence, independent learning, and problem solving skills by guiding students to answer questions through their own abilities wherever possible. I often demonstrate skills for students to emulate and I use previous English exam papers to help students prepare.
Please call and I will answer any questions you may have.
Two years private tutoring English GCSE and A-Level.
I have a BA in Creative Writing and Journalism (2:1) and I am currently in the process of making my application to Central School of Speech and Drama’s MA in Writing for Stage and Broadcast Media.
I have professional experience writing for media companies, conducting interviews and writing features for news, but my focus is now entirely on dramatic writing. I also have a love of comedy and exploring current social issues.
I will go through cancellation and missed lesson policy details in first session.
**********, Epsom, Surrey.
E: (concealed information)
- Advanced writing and editing skills, with a focus on dramatic writing that explores current social issues. Experienced at writing PR, news, and feature articles for both website content and regional newspapers.
- Masters degree (Merit Grade) in Social Research Methods, with training and experience in writing literature reviews, research design, and the application of various qualitative research methods; such as case study method, comparative analysis, and in-depth interviewing to explore and address social issues. Knowledge of quantitative research methods.
- Three and a half years experience interviewing people to formulate action plans, identifying areas of need for individuals and families. In depth interviewing and blog writing skills acquired through journalism work for the social enterprise ‘Four Corners of the Land’. Further experience commissioning pieces for regional newspapers, carrying out research and interviews for the purpose of writing feature articles for the Surrey Comet and Newsquests online news platforms.
- BA in Journalism and Creative Writing (2:1).
- Three and a half years report writing skills acquired through current work with Surrey County Council.
- Crisis Management. In my current job I work with young people who self harm and make suicide attempts. I have mental health first aid and motivational interviewing training, and I am experienced in assisting people to reducing self harm, and assisting people in recovery from mental health issues. I am also experienced at working with young people who are currently engaged in the criminal justice system.
- For SGI-UK I have developed extensive experience in organising events at the community level for SGI-UK, and at SGI-UK Head Quarters, Taplow Court Grand Culture Centre. This has entailed planning and structuring content for events and courses, writing up schedules, finding speakers and lecturers, organising and supporting volunteers and support staff, and managing the events themselves. In my free time I’m the National Administrator for one of SGI-UK’s sovereign groups, responsible for organising courses, seminars and cultural activities in the UK and Europe.
- Facilitation skills through twelve years of planning and holding meetings for NGO SGI-UK.
- IT Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Wordpress, Power Point,
Targeted Youth Support Officer
Surrey County Council
Dates Employed Jun 2016 – Present
- Carrying out family interventions, supporting families to make substantial change through improving family communication, working with young people to address problems and utilising community resources through channels like community mediation, accessing mental health resources.
- Working with other partner agencies of Surrey Council, including Mental Health Services, Colleges, Police, and orchestrating multi agency working to support the needs of young people and families.
- Writing of action plans and report writing to address needs of clients.
- Supporting young people to carry out court orders to address offending behaviour.
Training in: Anger/ anxiety management, Safeguarding, Restorative Justice, CSE prevention, Mental Health First Aid, Motivational Interviewing.
Company Name: THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE LAND LTD
Feb 2016 – Jun 2016
Employment Duration: 5 months
Location: London, United Kingdom
- I was responsible for the company blog and communications, conducting interviews with leading academics and professionals working to affect social change, and writing inspiration pieces sharing insights and practices of leading figures that have worked in human rights and community development.
Oct 2015 – May 2016
Employment Duration 8 months
- Covering for schools in the North East Surrey area, teaching English, RE, History at GCSE Level.
Intern Journalist at The Wandsworth Guardian and Surrey Comet.
Jan 2016 – Feb 2016
Employment Duration 2 months
Location: Sutton, United Kingdom
- News writing covering council press releases from Richmond, Kingston, Twickenham and Wandsworth Boroughs.
- Conducting Interviews and feature writing.
- Covering news from the S. London and Surrey area for: The Surrey Comet, Richmond and Twickenham - Times, Wandsworth Guardian and Kingston Guardian.
Nov 2014 – Oct 2015
Employment Duration 1 yr
Location: Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
- Tutoring students aged six to sixteen English literature, creative writing.
- Part time teaching of English as a foreign language using the Callahan method.
MSc International Conflict
Dates attended 2013 – 2015
BA Journalism and Creative Writing
Dates attended 2010 – 2013
City Lit, Holborn
Creative Studies Access to HE Diploma
Jan 2008 – Present
May 2016 – Jun 2016
Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|