I will always tailor a lesson to the student’s needs, but left up to me I like teach by topic and theme, focusing on potential exam questions and making sure we have an answer prepared for anything!
Whether this means starting with the basics or building upon an already vast amount of knowledge, I will help the student to develop their question-answering skills in order to make sure they are focusing on what will gain them marks, as well as helping to develop their own style of writing.
If there is anything else in particular you need tutoring on within this subject, please let me know and I’ll be able to focus lessons around what is a priority to you!
I’m a first year student studying English Literature and Media & Communications. I have never professionally tutored before but helped my friends to study for their exams, and hope to provide the same help and advice for others!
I achieved an A grade at A Level and hope to pass on the study skills that I learned. I also have lots of experience working with people with special educational needs.
If you have any questions about the rates please feel free to contact me!
As a student at Liverpool Hope University, studying English Literature and Media and Communications, I am looking for part time work to help support me through my degree. Having had plenty of work and voluntary experience throughout my time in education, I believe I make a strong and confident employee, working well as part of a team and in leadership roles when necessary. I take great pride in the effort I have put into my school work, balancing it alongside extra curricular activities and a part time job. My dedication is reflected in my recent exam results, achieving grades ABC, which exemplify the equal dedication I am hoping to put into my role in employment. I am a conscientious person and always do my best to be as helpful and productive as possible, which is an advantage in the workplace.
Pensby High School - GSCE
English Literature/Language (66) Maths (5)
Drama/Media/Religious Studies (AAA) Science/Additional Science/Geography/Spanish (BBBB) ECDL (M)
Weatherhead Sixth Form - A Level
English Literature (A) Religious Studies (B) Drama and Theatre (C)
McDonalds, Birkenhead - Crew Member
September 2017 - September 2019
● Stars earned in food hygiene, restaurant cleanliness, and customer experience
● Skilled in preparing various foods and beverages
● Experience in money handling and fast paced customer service ● Handling complaints and refunds
My time at McDonalds has prepared me for fast-paced work environments, often working under time pressure, and about the importance of customer experience and satisfaction.
Sixth Form Committee
September 2018 - May 2019
● Leader of the teams for both charity work in the community, and improving the integration experience for new students.
● Helped organise and run ‘World Olympics Day’ for children from local schools with learning difficulties. I had a leadership role in guiding and encouraging the children through the activities, as well as helping younger students from Weatherhead to gain a deeper understanding of how they could help those who struggle with a disability.
● Organised and performed in the Pink Day Talent Show, as well as running several bake sales, raising money for Cancer Research UK.
● Guiding Dutch exchange students around the school, helping them to participate in lessons and learn more about British culture, as well as learning about theirs.
December 2017 - May 2019
● Every Thursday before school I helped students from the year below with their essay writing skills and understanding of course content. This equally helped me with my own revision, and gave me confidence to interact with those I don’t know well, as well as to take the lead in group conversations.
December 2017 - June 2019
● Running a lunchtime homework club for younger years ● Working as part of a team to clean the canteen at lunch ● Supervising lunchtime activities in the theatre
Stanley School Fundraising
2011 - PRESENT
● Organising and helping run fundraising events for Stanley School, who need special equipment to help their students with severe learning difficulties and physical disabilities. This includes things such as summer fairs, school discos, fashion nights, and even dressing up as an elf in a Christmas Grotto.
● I also did two weeks work experience here as a teaching assistant, assisting young children in their daily activities, and helping the staff with things such as individual reading sessions.
Silver Arts Award
● Achieving this award involved my participation in Teen Takeover Day. This involved planning and running a day-long event at the Lady Lever Art Gallery in Port Sunlight, aimed at young children and their families and focusing on the arts.
● I took lessons in drums, having 12 weekly lessons to learn a song of my choice perfectly, then performing it to my peers.
● Writing concert reviews, researching local music venues, and evaluating my Silver Arts experiences.
● I received two of these awards in November 2018 for my hard work and dedication in both Drama and RE A Level work.
She really helped me during our peer mentoring lessons in college. She made sure that we both had a plan covered for any essay that could come up in the exam, and it really boosted my confidence!! She’s really nice and chatty and I would definitely recommend her
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, poetry lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£55||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£115||£100|