My teaching would focus on giving the student confidence to develop their opinion on the prose/poetry and then ensuring that they can back up their opinion with examples. This is the key to analytical writing at A Level and GCSE.
Understanding the demands of the specification is also key, so I would familiarise myself with it in order to give the best tutoring advice I can.
For younger students, it is vital that they view writing/reading not as a chore, but as something they can enjoy independently. I will ensure that writing/readings are conveyed as interesting, and find out what the young student finds most interesting to read/write.
I have extensive experience in various forms of writing - from academic to creative - and have a love for English Literature.
My writing has been featured in a couple of publications and I've won academic and creative writing competitions.
I achieved an A* in GCSE English Language and Literature. At A Level, I achieved an A in English Literature.
I love working with younger students, and I am familiar with the syllabuses at various levels.
I am currently studying Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) at the University of Warwick.
University of Warwick (2018-2021)
• Undergraduate Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Parmiter’s School – A Levels (2016-2018)
• English Literature – A
• Mathematics – A
• Further Mathematics – B
• Geography – B
Westfield Academy – GCSEs (2011-2016)
• 4 A*s, 4 A’s and 1 B
• Contributed articles to Development in Action blog (2017 & 2019) and Feminism In India (2019)
• currently running a blog (concealed information) (2016 – Present)
• A* in Dissertation written for Extended Project Qualification (2018) – an independently chosen and executed writing project with the title “Survival of Protectionism in the 21st Century: Possible?”
• Orwell Youth Prize (2017) writing competition – won the runner-up prize
• John Locke Institute (2017) essay competition – won a commendation
• Corpus Christi Philosophy (2017) essay competition – shortlisted to attend Philosophy day at Corpus Christi college in Oxford
• Watford Conservatives (2017)
• The Telegraph (2017)
• Adaptable – Moved to a new country at age 12 and adjusted to new culture
• Organisation – Organised an activity day for younger students from local schools
• Leadership – Lead debate groups in school and in an interschool debate competition in parliament and directed drama performances
Hobbies and Interests
• Reading – young-adult to classics, also non-fiction
• Writing –writing competitions (as listed above); prose and poetry
• Sport – squash, badminton, cycling and swimming
• Film and Theatre – School trips to a variety of theatre & interested in film medium
• Speech and Communication through WordWorks Studio (completed Grade 6)
• Active member of feminist society at sixth form (2016-2018)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£160|