My teaching follows a method particular to the student according to their preferred learning style. I like to keep a casual environment and create a 1:1 creative relationship with my pupils. Lessons will be kept exciting and immersive, offering a range of debates and topics interesting to the student.
I am a Second Year BA Undergraduate in English Literature at the University of Sheffield. I received As in English and History at A Level and A*s in English Literature and Language at GCSE.
I teach English Language at a local Secondary school in my spare time near my University in Sheffield.
Also, in my spare time, I like to write an online blog about my interests, find this here: (concealed information)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts (Current)
English Literature A
Distinction in IT
Tutor for Change, Sheffield June 2016-Present
• I am a 1:1 Tutor on a Voluntary basis at Tapton Secondary School through the company Tutor for Change during my time at University.
• I teach under-privileged pupils GCSE English in order to benefit their current studies and improve their grades.
• Meeting for one hour a week, I aid a pupil in their studies using specific learning techniques through their preferred learning method.
• This role requires professionalism, flexibility and hospitality.
Challenge of Management, Heckmondwike Grammar School July 2015
• I acted as a Facilitator to a team of sixth form students at my former school during their weeklong Business Management Programme during the summer.
• Students would be given several tasks to complete and I acted as their guide so the jobs could be finished.
• The role required decision-making and allowing the students to mind map their ideas and act as a guide for how to handle the tasks.
• My leadership skills were challenged and it improved my analytical abilities
• The role exhibited my creativity when aiding in advertising and pitches.
• The role also greatly improved my coaching skills, as well as my presentation skills to a group of younger people in order to help them - especially in times when they struggled.
West Yorkshire Police Explorers 2012-2013
• I was selected (by interview process) to attend a programme for young people to explore the departments of the West Yorkshire Police Forces.
• The role enhanced ability to work in a team by identifying and resolving issues within the community.
• The experience provided me with an understanding of working in a professional environment, communication skills with the general public, and representing the Police Force.
Tong Sports Centre 2010-2011
• I volunteered as a sports coach for the programme entitled “All Sports” on Saturday mornings for children aged between 6-12.
• I istributed equipment, prepared drills and taught various skills in a number of different sports as an introduction to sports.
• I learned how to hold the attention of large groups of children and make new sports enjoyable to them.
Tegan is a very conscientious individual who works to a very high standard. She has shown that she engages well with younger students and that she has the ability to help them develop skills and strategies for problem solving whether that is academically or related to sports.
Tegan has recently completed a set of tutoring sessions in English with a pupil at a local school.
She has experience in sports leadership with children under the age of ten years , and is currently coaching and managing the Sheffield University English Society netball team. She excelled in a School Challenge of Management and was invited back the following year to successfully mentor the current year of students.
Tegan is an enthusiatic student who herself has been tutored in the past and she has the empathy , knowledge and understanding required to be a first rate tutor.
I have no hesitation in recommending Tegan as a trustworthy tutor.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£2|