My lessons would be tailored to your learning styles and focus on the key areas that you need to develop. I teach all levels, and I love students who want to improve their English skills. I am a friendly and encouraging tutor who wants the best for her students.
I am a Qualified English teacher, specialising in GCSE Language and Literature. I have a 2.1 Degree in English and a Masters degree. I passed my PGCE in 2011 and was Lead Teacher for many years in FE/ alternative education.
Classes at a greater distance will require
2016: Google Educator Level 1.
2015: TEFL qualification.
2013: NVQ Level 3 British Sign Language.
2012: BSL (British Sign Language) Level 2.
2011: BSL (British Sign Language) Level 1.
2010-2011: University of Leeds.
PGCE Secondary English.
2008-2009: Leeds Metropolitan University.
M.A English: Twentieth-Century Literature: Awarded.
2005-2008: Leeds Metropolitan University.
Upper Second Class Honours.
2003-2005: Garforth Community College Sixth Form.
4 A Levels: Philosophy and Ethics (A); English Literature (B); Psychology (B) and General Studies (B).
1 AS Level: History (C).
1998-2003: Garforth Community College.
10 GCSEs: Double-award Science (A*, A*), Religious Education (A*), English Language (A), English Literature (A), Media (A), History (A), French (B), Maths (B), Textiles (B).
September 2019-Present: Supply Teacher.
● Teaching KS3 to KS4 & Form Tutor duties.
● Teaching in various Secondary schools and Wakefield College teaching English Language and Literature, and ESOL to Post-16 students.
● Teaching Assistant experience.
April 2018 – August 2019: Rastrick High School – Teacher of English.
● Teaching KS3 to KS4, and I was a KS3 form tutor.
● Lead planner for Literacy lessons.
● Extracurricular activities: English Intervention classes.
September 2015 - April 2018: 14+ Apprenticeship Academy at Leeds City College - Lead English Teacher
● Designed and run the curriculum for GCSE English Language and Literature for 14-16 year old students.
● Planned and prepared lessons, read and marked high volumes of students work providing feedback in order to track and monitor student progress.
● Ran after school sessions for revision and intervention.
● Worked with learners with many Emotional, Social and Behavioural issues and SEN needs.
● Interviewed students for intake.
● Involved with interviewing and mentoring of new staff and trainee teachers.
● Designated Teacher for CLA and Pupil Premium students in the Academy.
● June 2017 - Trained by AQA to mark the English Language paper 1 for the GCSE exams, involving high levels of attention to detail and concentration in order to proof read targeted amounts of exams to a strict deadline.
November 2014 - September 2015: Leeds City College - Lecturer in English
● Position covered teaching AQA English Language and Literature to both post-16 students in the main college, and 14-16 year old students.
● Running Intervention and revision sessions.
● Involved in the recruitment of new students for September intake.
January 2014 - November 2014: Various High Schools - Supply English Teacher
● Four long term posts in various high schools.
● Taught Key Stage 3 and 4 of a variety of ability levels.
● GCSE resit classes for Sixth Form Students.
● Assisted with GCSE Intervention sessions, both during and after school.
April 2013 - December 2013: Queen Ethelburga’s College - Teacher of English
● Teaching KS3 to KS5.
● KS5 form tutor.
● Extracurricular activities: Book Club.
September 2011 - April 2013: Huddersfield Grammar School - Teacher of English and Drama
● Teaching KS3 & KS4 students and I was a KS3 form tutor.
● Developed new schemes of work in my area.
● In charge of extracurricular activities: Book Club and the School Magazine.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£13|