In the last two years I rediscovered my passion for teaching after receiving an amazing feedback from my students. I decided to focus on becoming a certified teacher. So far I completed a full TESOL course and received the certificate, I'm also developing my skills further by studying TEFL and Online Teaching courses.
What are my lessons like? Well, I do believe that fun and entertaining lessons have better results, so I like to involve students as much possible. I use flash cards, different pictures, props, games and fun activities. The main part of my lessons is Total Physical Response, this technique keeps it fun as well as help students create a mental connection with new words. It is proven to be effective with students of all levels and ages.
With 2 years experience working in classrooms and one to one, I expanded to online as well. All of my students in the last two years had a positive feedback which turned out to be the most important thing for me to go back into teaching. I have mentored 5 students and taught 3 classes with 10 students in each. My private students were successfully accepted to universities here in UK. The guys from m y classes got jobs in English speaking countries. I have ability to simplify complex material, adding some fun to it at the same time.
My named is Nadine B. and I teach English language as a foreign language to students of all ages and all levels, be it from Absolute Beginner level to Advanced.
* Make Goals Clear – at the beginning of a lesson I like to introduce what material we will cover and what our goals are at the end of a lesson
* Have Smooth Transitions - each section of a lesson is ready and set up by the end of a previous activity
* Be Sure Materials Are Ready – several different versions are always present and ready
* Present Instructions Visually – it is important to have a visual connection especially when learning something new. We use flash cards, images, pictures, props an most importantly TPR
* Check for Understanding – no point moving forward if you don’t understand. I usually check throughout the lesson and if someone is struggling, tweak new material until everyone is up to speed.
* Blending teaching – every lesson is packed with
* Fostering independence – I teach students how to be able to get an answer independently, should there ever be such situation
* Assessment through games – filling in infinite amount of worksheets is not very affective and extremely boring. Instead we reinforce what we’ve learned through different games and fun activities
* Utilisation of the Pause Procedure – I encourage students interact and talk
* Use of Fast-Paced Drills – I make sure that new material is drilled in a fun way
* Use of Multi-Media Tools
Introducing humour into the tutoring session – laughter is an amazing component of learning
* Encouraging students to create – whenever it is suitable we create games and activities
Oplex Careers | Online | Currently Studying TEFL Level 2, 3 and 4 Bundle
TEFL Global | Online | Currently Studying Teaching Online – Specialist Certified International Open Academy | Online | Certified 120 Hours
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, 2014 Gateshead College | Gateshead, UK | Bachelor of Arts Business and Organization
Management, 2014 Gateshead College | Gateshead, UK | Foundation Degree Business and Management, 2013 Shiney Row College | Houghton Le Spring, UK |
GCSE English Language, 2005 Sunderland College | Sunderland, UK | Foundation Degree English Literature, 2004 Sunderland College | Sunderland, UK |
Foundation Degree Criminal Law, 2003 Sunderland College | Sunderland, UK |
Foundation Degree Business Law, 2003 Intensive English Language High School | Tallinn, Estonia | High School Diploma English language – distinction, 1999
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|