My classes revolve around working through real exam questions and understanding our own weaknesses and strengths so that we can improve in an efficient way.
Lessons start with warm ups to get the brain working, before recapping topics previously studied and moving onto topics that the student is weaker on.
I have several hours of tutoring experience, working with students from 11+ to A level. I have also been an A Level and GCSE Teacher for Maths! I am an MSc Applied Mathematics student at Imperial.
I am able to tutor in both English and Maths for the 11+
MSc Applied Mathematics, Imperial College London, 2019 – 2020
- Modules include: Methods for Data Science, Asymptotic Analysis, Dynamical Systems.
BSc Mathematics, University College London (UCL), 2016 – 2019
- Achieved 1st Class with overall score of 77.62
- Studying modules including Analysis, Computational Mathematics, Probability and Statistics and Financial Maths.
- Coding projects include: Image compression, disease modelling, approximation of solutions or derivatives.
- Member of the Economics and Finance Society, the UCL American Football Team and The Tharsos Group.
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre, State School, Tenterden, 2008 – 2015
- A-levels: Mathematics, A*, Further Mathematics, A*, Physics, A, English Literature, A
Investec, London, Data and Analytics Intern, July 2019 – September 2019
- Development of data reports for most of the business units in the bank.
- Developed R script that, from a dynamic scoring sheet, ranks the best potential clients from a list of known companies. This was specifically designed to easily see FX and working capital scores.
- Authored reports for the Chief Data Officer to provide crucial insight into comparisons between different data providers. This involved using R, Excel and Omniscope at an advanced level.
- Gained strong knowledge of the automated process behind the daily creation of reports, from Bat to XML to Excel.
Green Chimneys Camp, New York State, USA, Science Specialist, June 2018 – September 2018
- Worked within a team of specialists to run activities and day to day life at camp.
- Led science lessons and experiments that focused on using everyday objects to create exciting demonstrations.
J.P.Morgan, London, Markets Spring Week Intern, April 2018
- Worked on multiple sales desks, gaining experience of the trading floor.
- Completed a team project, which required creating a strategy for a fictional hedge fund based on FED rate hikes. I worked in particular on providing an approach based on shorting and longing a combination of equities and indices.
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre, Teacher of Mathematics, Jan 2016 – Sep 2016
- Individually prepare and deliver exceptional lessons whilst inspiring and engaging students in an exciting subject.
- I developed my communication, leadership and team working skills whilst leading class sizes of up to 32 students.
- At 18, I was the youngest GCSE/A-level teacher, working with students with a range of abilities.
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£40||£40|