- Hourly rate £40
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
Experienced Corporate Finance, Accounting in London. Investment Appraisal, WACC, financial and management accounting all covered. Online tuition (any time).
- at your home
- By webcam
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Dorothy will be happy to arrange your first Management Accounting lesson.
About the lesson
I am an ACA qualified accountant with over a decade of post qualification experience. I tutor all the ACA subjects and also accounting and corporate finance at university level. Enough about me though.
My approach affects you in three ways:
1. Tutoring isn't cheating.
I don't do your assignments for you, I tutor you to pass your exams. That is deep knowledge and confidence when you sit the exam. In the ACA exams, students come from all diverse backgrounds, from different departments and with different client pressures. Top tip: Get the help you need to pass your exam now! You can work differently for the next exam.
2. Tuition is all about you.
I identify gaps in your knowledge and we develop a personalised strategy for you. We look at your timetable and your current position. I share my experience with you, tips on planning, frequent problem areas and together we get you over the pass mark. Many of my students learn so much about how to approach the material, they can take it from there themselves.
3. The cost is up to you.
Sometimes students want me to partner with them on their tutoring journey. We can go through each chapter and see where the tough parts are. This leads to greater confidence during the exam and better retention of the material at the next stage. Other students want a crash course. They come with specific questions and go straight into exam technique, with their current knowledge.
* positive attitude to the work. Show your commitment by planning your time and do the homework
* know your availability and keep our appointments.
* have a suitable calculator and be ready to share your lecture materials.
- Management Accounting
- Management Control
- AS Level
- A Level
- Adult education
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering. It is something I have always wanted to do and indulges my love of numbers and numerical analysis.
My experience leaves me uniquely placed to tutor:
• Finance – Investment appraisal, NPV, IRR, ARR, payback, dividend valuation model, CAPM, WACC. Particular experience in Imperial College Business School and University of Bath's corporate finance modules.
• Financial and Management Accounting – all aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels. Practical experience of accounting modules from Imperial Business School, University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent Business Schools.
• Mathematics – A-Level, business maths, engineering maths and university applied maths. Extensive experience of tutoring the Edexcel syllabus at A-Level to Year 13 students and engineering maths/ further maths to Imperial College, University of Surrey and Coventry University engineering students.
As an ICAEW accountant, I am able to provide support for particular topics or more rounded help for revision. I tutor both in-person and online.
No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible. I am happy to teach anyone. Groups and mature students are especially welcome. Send me a message and we can discuss the specifics of your situation and take things from there.
**Note: The first lesson is 30 mins at no cost to allow us to get to know each other and for me to assess if I am the best tutor for you. Subsequent lessons range from 1hr to 2hrs depending on your needs.**
Perfect! Very good and easy explanation.
Not using accountants language and explaining in normal words is her super power
Can't wait for more lessons
Perfect! Dorothy is an excellent accounting tutor - really patient, helpful, and gives clear explanations.
- Dorothy's response : Motivated and dedicated student. We timetabled the work and she undertook to work with me on this. Looking forward to working with her again.
Perfect! Dorothy is an amazing tutor. very intelligent and very patient. Highly recommended!
- Dorothy's response : Very positive student. Looking forward to working with her.
Perfect! Wealth of knowledge, can teach at any level and gives good strategies for how to handle and tackle exam questions.
- Dorothy's response : Very capable student. Hope the exam went well.
Perfect! Dorothy was absolutely fab! Worked through all of the questions that I had selected and I felt so much more confident after just one session. And passed the exam a week later. Would definitely recommend!!
- Dorothy's response : Very productive session. Lydia knew the questions that illustrated her problems and we worked through then efficiently.
Good luck in your exam!
Perfect! Really helpful session. Dorothy helped me build a cash flow for a business idea.
- Dorothy's response : Great time with Stephanie looking at a discounted cashflow model for new business. Please keep in touch.
View more reviews
Dorothy is simply amazing. I just passed my accountancy exam (which I had failed 3 times in a row before) with flying colours and it was all because of her.
She takes the time to listen to you and understand where you feel like you are having problems and then she works along side you to find the best and most comfortable way to deal with those problems.
One thing that I really liked is that she has absolutely no problem with explaining a topic again and again and again, until you understand.
Dorothy responded quickly and efficiently to my initial enquiry. The session was well tailored to my needs and abilities; the pace was just right and and time taken to explain answers. I found Dorothy patient and conscientious and would recommend her.
Dorothy has filled many gaps in my knowledge, as well as making me feel a lot more confident and interested in the subject. Dorothy's teaching style is perfect for me. Any question I throw out at her she is able to respond back with a very easy and clear explanation, making studying a lot less daunting. She is extremely patient and if you don't understand a topic she will explain it over and over again. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying with her!
Dorothy was hugely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and found easy ways to explain statistical indices through basic examples which I initially found challenging.
On top of this, firstly, Dorothy spent a further 30 minutes with me until we finished the test we were working through. Secondly, she instigated a Skype call the following morning to go over the spreadsheets we had been working on previously.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £200
- 10h: £400