Hi there! My name is Ailsa and I am currently an Ma student who just finished a degree in modern languages. I love to teach students from all walks of life and I can tailor my classes for all different ages.
In general I vary my teaching methods a lot, as I adapt my teaching style depending on the person in question. For instance I will use news articles, sheets and videos for students who have a more visual learning style. As an avid fan of music and the arts I also like to keep my lessons entertaining and I like to go over different topics with students such as different cultural topics, but I also can help students to understand more business based vocabulary. I do this through writing, reading and oral comprehension exercises. Although I can also be of assistance with regards to understanding grammar.
In my opinion it is important to go over assignments with students that I have set for them so that I can explain in detail where they went wrong, but I always like to highlight the positive outcomes as well. I am furthermore a very patient tutor and I love to help students with problems such as their pronunciation and grammatical errors when it comes to conversational classes.
Overall I believe that repetition, learning from mistakes and practise are the best way to learn and progress with regards to language learning and I will always give constructive feedback to students in order to help them advance on their language learning journey.
I have always had a passion for languages and meeting people from different backgrounds from a young age. I have many years of experience in the teaching sector and I have taught people from ages 3 to 50 so far over the course of my life. I love to work in different environments and I have in the past worked in preschools, primary schools and I have even worked in a secondary school in Italy. I also have previous experience with online tutoring and I have helped a french student who was struggling to get to grips with their English.
I myself can now speak 4 languages in total and I have a degree I modern languages so I can understand the difficulties that you might face when learning a new language from scratch and I can teach you how to overcome them.
I would consider myself a patient enthusiastic person and I am never afraid of helping students out or answering important questions. If it is needed I can also provide student with exercises outside of classes which I can later correct and give them feedback.
2:1 BA (Honours) Spanish and Italian
Key Skills gained:
• A critical understanding of key aspects of Spanish and Italian history, culture, literature, politics and contemporary society.
• Ability to communicate in multiple languages at a professional proficiency (French, Spanish, Italian and English).
• Adaptability, problem solving and flexibility skills were developed after my year abroad whilst studying in 2 different countries.
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal, developed through numerous essays and class presentations.
• Proficiency in areas of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Language Teaching Assistant, Convitto Maria Lugia. Parma, Italy.
• I practised communicating in multiple languages in a work place environment (English and Italian).
• Flexibility and adaptability with regards to targeting different age groups.
• Demonstrated the ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role. (further elaborate)
• I improved my organisation skills as I had to prepare classes in advance and organise topics.
• I used a variety of methods of communication (visual, auditory and IT) to ensure my lessons were accessible to all students.
Online Language Tutor, Cardiff
• I worked for a semester as an online language tutor where I gave English lessons online to a French student, using both languages.
Language Teaching Assistant, Le Club Français, Swindon.
• I have been a language teaching assistant for 8 years, teaching Spanish and French to children from ages 3 to 14
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£14|