I approach my teaching based upon the individual needs of the student and will prepare the session based upon learning needs. I can teach to Masters level. Approacable and fun way of learning, sharing experience and knowledge to enhace the delivery.
I am a nurse with over 20 years experience in the NHS including past experince as a Critical Care Matron. I have a MA in Medical Ethics and Law and was an expert member of a Research Ethics Committee. Currently working as a nurse advisor for International Nurses, with classes via Skype on various subjects to help prepare for working in the UK. I was also a ALS instructor for several years with a mentorship qualification.
2009-2010 Fulbourn, Anglia Ruskin University.
ICU Course, A grade. 80 credits Level 3.
2003- 2005 Keele University , Keele, Staffordshire
PgDip & MA Medical Ethics and Law.
1996-1999 University Of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire
BSc & BSc (Hons) Nursing and Registered Nurse.
1994-1996 Spalding High School, Spalding, Lincolnshire
A-Level General Studies A
A-Level Home Economics A
A-Level History B
A/S Level English Lit C
A/S Level Human Biology C
1989-1994 Spalding High School, Spalding, Lincolnshire
8 GCSE’s Grade C and above
November 2013-Present. Clinical Nurse Manager: The Placement Group (formerly known as Primary Care Recruitment (home based in Portugal)
• Nurse Advisor and Project Manager for The Placement Group (Primary Care Recruitment), specialist in International Recruitment for the NHS and Private sector in the UK.
• Management and execution of small and large scale recruitment events in EU and India.
• Pre-screening/ interviewing and assessing nurses to assess if they meet the recruitment criteria.
• Providing expertise to the NHS and Private sector. Liaising with candidates and NHS personnel.
• Development of an education program to assist nurses in interview and preparation for working within the UK. Design and delivery of Workshop in various EU locations and India for nurses wanting to work in the UK.
• Ensuring adherence to compliance to employment legislation.
Developing and maintaining relationships with candidates and customers. Overseeing a team of recruitment consultants, developing new ways of working to improve efficiency.
• Providing to the customer weekly reports of candidates in the process/ pipeline and ensuring effective communication between all parties.
• Using Excell/ Word/ Dropbox/ Skype and Sage CRM System.
• Managing events overseas to ensure smooth running of interviews. Involves travel all over Europe and India.
• Full end to end management of candidates including CBT preparation and training. And management of immigration procedures.
• Training and development of the account managers and administration teams to ensure high quality service provided to customers and candidates.
• Developing a educational support package to enable nurses to clear the CBT as part of their NMC application.
May 2012- November 2013. Freelance Medical Writing
• Freelance Medical Writing, specialist areas include Critical Care, Patient Safety, Quality Assurance, Policy Development Nursing and Medical Ethics.
May 2012- November 2013 Private Nurse
• Working as a private nurse in Portugal, delivering quality health care in hospital or at home for English speaking expats.
Nov 2004 – May 2012. Matron Critical Care Outreach. Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
• Matron & Band 6/7 (including 6 months and shorter placements on ICU during this time)
• Strong focus on policy development to improve patient safety and quality assurance. Ensuring patients received a high level of care when critically unwell.
• Working autonomously and unsupervised with the Critical Care Outreach Team. Taking direct ward referrals of acutely unwell patients on all wards and follow-ups from Critical Care. Developed excellent assessment skills, liaising with all members of the multi-disciplinary teams. Educating nursing staff on critical care skills such as tracheostomy care, care of the patient with inotropes etc. Nursing advocate for patients particularly involved raising “do not resuscitate” orders in appropriate situations. Ensuring patients are nursed in the appropriate area for their level of care, and ensuring safe transfer of patients to an appropriate area. Facilitating discharge from Level 2/3 areas back to the wards. Clinical skills including cannulation, venepuncture, arterial blood gas sampling, use of NIV, catheterisations etc.
• Lead on developing a follow up/ rehabilitation service for critical care patients. Involved in transfer training of the critically ill patient.
• Member of the Hospital at Night and cardiac arrest teams.
• Collecting data on Outreach activity for audit purposes. Analysing and auditing all unexpected deaths following cardiac arrest. Writing chronological data to assess if there had been any shortfalls in care.
• Education and support to nurses from different clinical areas on and education programme, funded by Critical Care Network money. Facilitating FY1 and FY2 training in Anaesthetics and Critical Care. Advanced life support instructor, formal teaching for medical and nursing staff such as ILS, ALERT, induction etc.
• Whilst Band 6 on Critical Care Outreach time spent on ICU to gain and develop existing skills, particularly with intubation, invasive and non-invasive ventilation and care of a Level 3 patient without direct supervision.
July 2000-Oct 2004 . Staff Nurse ITU/HDU Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Senior Staff Nurse and Acting Deputy Sister
• E grade staff nurse on 4 bedded high dependency unit, with occasional rotation to ITU. Gained extensive skills of assessing and monitoring level 2 and 3 patients. Competent in nursing patients requiring invasive and non- invasive monitoring and ventilatory support. Gained excellent pain management skills, venepuncture and IV drug administration. Managing patients and staff on a day-to-day basis, liaising with all medical disciplines and working as part of a successful multidisciplinary team. Teaching and mentoring junior staff and students. Undertaking clinical audit that changed practice on the unit. Tissue viability link nurse, working towards devising benchmarks for this area of practice. Undertaking interviews for HCA’s and D grade staff nurses. Period of Acting F grade role whilst F&G grade on unit absent, involved taking over roles such as recruitment, sickness management and staffing issues, incident and adverse event reporting.
• Involved in writing and developing new research based guidelines for clinical practice for the unit. A significant part of this role involving the management and successful implementation of change. Undertaking audits specific to the clinical area and trust, analysing data collected. Learning new skills, keeping up to date with research and government initiatives. Undertaking generic and local risk assessments and making appropriate change.
• Involved in the implementation of Outreach service at Edith Cavell Hospital providing invaluable support, education and advice to the nursing staff. Undertaking post discharge follow up visits and new referrals from nursing and medical staff. Also part of the cardiac arrest team, attending wards and giving nursing and medical staff support.
• Clinical Governance representative for Clinical& Life Support Directorate at Edith Cavell Hospital. Attending regular Nursing and Midwifery Advisory Group meetings and being involved in trust wide projects such as Essence of Care and implementation of trust wide competencies for drug administration.
• July 1999-June 2000. Northwick Park & St Marks NHS Trust
D Grade Staff Nurse
• Staff nurse on busy 35 bedded colo-rectal surgical ward, managing own caseload of patients.
• Nurse Representative for Peterborough and Fenland Research Ethics Committee 6 years and Critical Care Network Rep for East Anglia
• PC Literate
• Full clean driving license
• Advanced Life Support Instructor/ Provider
• B1 level Portuguese
ethics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£300|