I have expertise in tutoring students and professionals by explaining complex financial concepts in a simplified manner and teach each of them with a practical touch to it.
Upon taking up any tutoring exercise, I will be fully committed to it by researching the problem statement thoroughly before we engage in sessions. I am happy to share valuable information resources with you which I accumulated over the years. Happy to discuss more when we meet.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Praneeth will plan your first lesson with care.
Passionate about investments and lucky to have my passion and profession to be the same. I have worked with hedge funds focussed on public equities, Search Fund, Private Equity & Venture Capital. Experienced in analyzing public and private investment opportunities both at a personal and professional level
Praneeth Maganti, FRM, CQF
(concealed information) +44 (0) (concealed information)
2019 - 2021 London Business School
Masters in Finance (MBA Equivalent)
Concentrations: Investment Management, CFO, Corporate Finance
2019 - 2019 CQF Institute, London
Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) – Charter Holder
2010 - 2015 Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)– Pilani, India
(One of the best technological deemed universities in India)
M.Sc. (Hons) Economics and B.E. (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
2020 Oct- DOUBLE PRIME – FinTech-focused PE Fund, London – Investment Associate
• Evaluate investments in high-growth businesses supporting them to scale into new markets, develop new products and execute their growth strategy
• Key roles include sourcing potential investments, developing the fund’s entrepreneur network across the UK and Europe, conducting market sizing and evaluation, driving target and competitor analysis, building valuation models and engaging in customer interviews
2020 Apr- RAZOR CAPITAL – Tech-focused VC Fund, London – Investment Associate
• Conducting post-deal analysis on existing portfolio companies in emerging markets and recommending new investment ideas as part of my research activities
• Liaising with portfolio companies to track updates and see the viability of follow-on investments/exits
• Developing detailed segmental forecasts and financial models for businesses in the investment pipeline
2019 Sep- XHE CAPITAL - Buy-side Equity Research, London – Intern
• Formulated and proposed business arbitrage strategy in global equities; Backtesting return of c.20%
• Mentored by the CIO of the fund in evaluating an investment proposal on a US-based annuity provider
• Conducted in-depth primary research by contacting 15 stakeholders in the annuity industry
2019 JP MORGAN CHASE - Corporate Finance, Bangalore, India - Associate
• Devised and carried out fair valuation methodologies for fixed income derivatives with Non-Linear pay off to ensure firm’s books are fairly valued
• Collaborated with Totem and other external vendors to get consensus price of various OTC derivatives required in devising essential market parameters
2015 - 2018 NOMURA HOLDINGS - Quant, London/Mumbai - Senior Analyst
• Innovated new ways to identify outliers in time series by introducing Machine Learning-based model using Self Organizing Maps; Achieved 80% reduction in false positives
• Led a team of 2 analysts responsible to develop time series analysis models through Machine Learning
• Co-ordinated & negotiated with various departments to streamline and upgrade internal models
2014 - 2015 CREDIT SUISSE - Market Risk, Mumbai, India - Analyst
• Validated & signed off on banks trading book risks across multiple asset classes and regions
• Conducted weekly training for 40 people to explain underlying quant models in risk management
• Achieved increased efficiency and saved six man-hours per day by devising an application to identify breaks between Full Valuation and Greek-based VaR before the risk is available in the system
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
• Co-managed $1m personal portfolio of VC fund partners and achieved 150% returns in six months
• Advisor to Deep Tech/Science venture fund; Involved in creation of investor pitch deck, financial model; Assisted in analysing, researching and conducting due diligence for deal pipeline
• Helped a search fund in deal sourcing & origination, research and due diligence
• Currently have Right to Work in the UK
• One of the winners at Algothon 2019 by BlackRock to build ESG focussed AI trading strategy
• Key Speaker at Risk.net platform in London conducted on Machine Learning in Finance
• President of Board Games club and Deputy President of Salsa club at LBS; Active member of Investment Management Club, PE/VC Cub
• Proficient in Python, MATLAB, Excel VBA, SQL programming languages
Perfect! Amazing guy!
Perfect! Very responsive. Praneeth helped me with an assignment under very short notice!
Perfect! Such an amazing teacher, thanks a lot again !!
Perfect! Very skilled in advanced portfolio management, implementation in matlab and excel, thorough in his approach and quick to respond when you need him. I highly recommend! He won't disappoint you!
Absolutely loved working with Joseph. Very approachable, understanding and supportive
Perfect! One of the best tutors I've ever had. Super intelligent and helpful. I was very stressed for my assignment, and Praneeth's amazing help managed to get a top score. I definitely recommend him! Thank you so much again Praneeth!
Praneeth is a great tutor. His vast knowledge in finance and accounting makes him an asset to every student. He is very patient and knows how to explain complex materials in a clear way. He can really take you to the next level in terms of knowledge and performance. In addition, he is very nice and considerate and makes the learning experience enjoyable.
Praneeth is a trustworthy tutor. He gave me all the support I need. I am looking forward to learn more with him in future classes.
Praneeth is well versed in the field of finance. He goes that extra mile to put himself in the shoes of the students and understand their requirements well. He always ensured that I understood every detail of the concept in minimal time. I strongly recommend him as the go-to person for any student who is aspiring to learn finance concepts.
Praneeth worked for financial big wigs and made a lasting impact on my career especially by his teaching methodologies which are more practical, real world oriented. Praneeth has a good command over investment concepts and I strongly recommend him for anyone who want to learn investment and technology related concepts.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, financial management lessons for all!
Taking business analysis lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|