I am a classically trained violinist and violin teacher. I have taken part in concerts from a young age (eight). Currently, I perform and collaborate as part of a duet with a harpist and a cellist. I am part of a string quartet and the Bowie Lounge that includes classical and pop musicians.
I moved from London to Cornwall in 2011. I have taught the violin for the past five years ranging from beginners, aged seven to adults.
I come from a musical family who are also a major influence. My mother is a flautist and flute teacher and my father is a composer and clarinettist.
I treat each student as an individual, as everyone has different ways of learning and I tailor the lessons to them. I like to mix classical and theory with pop and folk. I teach ASRBM (Associated Board) grades.
I am a professional, classically trained violinist and performer. I have been teaching for over five years in Cornwall. My students range from six to adults, and I have taught beginners to returners, and advanced students. I also coach small chamber groups, trios, quartets etc
Taster sessions: 4 x 30 minutes for £26 (under 18) and for £32 (over 18).
Under 18: £11 for 30 minutes, £14.00 for 45 minutes, £17.00 per hour.
Over 18: £13 for 30 minutes, £17.00 for 45 minutes, £22.00 per hour.
Lessons are available in a block of 4, to be paid on the first lesson.
• MA in Fine Art: Contemporary Practice: Falmouth School of Art and Design, Falmouth University, Falmouth (2011-12)
• BA (Hons) Degree, Fine Art: Slade School of Fine Art, UCL, London University, London (1987 – 1991)
• A Levels; Practical Music and Art, Seven O Levels: St. Mary’s Convent School, Cambridge (1978 – 1985)
Grade 1: Merit (126) 1973, July
Grade 3: Distinction (130) 1975, July
Grade 4: Merit (122) 1976, July
Grade 5: Distinction (132) 1977, Spring
Grade 6: Merit (124) 1978, Summer
Grade 8: Distinction (138) 1982, Spring
Grade 5: Distinction (144) 1984, Spring
• Attended Mid Herts Centre for Music & Arts (formally Herts Music Centre), Hatfield 1974 - 6
and Benslow Music, Hitchen, Herts (Saturdays only)
• Won Music Exhibition for Violin/Piano 1974
• Quartet coaching from Anne Macnaghten, Macnaghten String Quartet 1975-6
• Attended masterclasses with Professor Felix Andrievsky at the Yehudi Menuhin 1978
School (currently at the Royal College of Music)
• Pro Corda, Leiston Abbey, Suffolk; seasonal courses 1978 - 80
Performances at Leiston Abbey, The Royal Banqueting Housel, Whitehall, London
• St Marys School, Cambridge Orchestra – Leader 1980 - 5
• Cambridge Chamber Group. Conductor, David Bass 1984 - 5
• Royal Orchestral Society, London. 1990 - 1997
Performances at Royal College of Music, Cadogan Hall and St John’s, Smiths Square
• Houston Symphonietta, Houston, USA 2001 - 2
• Wimbledon Symphony Orchestra, London 2003 - 2010
Juliet is a fantastic teacher with a calm and friendly attitude. My daughter has enjoyed lessons with Juliet since the very first one more than 3 years ago.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£22||Not available||Not available|