During a first lesson, I like to chat with the pupil to make sure I know what they would like from the lessons. My aim is to maintain the pupil's enthusiasm, so that they feel motivated to practice in between lessons. I firmly believe in a combination of rigorous technique along with musicality and enjoyment.
I am originally from Suffolk, but live in London to study my Masters in violin performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire in Greenwich. I studied a music undergraduate degree at King's College London, after obtaining 10 GCSE's and 3 A2 levels.
Online lesson rates:
30 minutes - £20
45 minutes - £24
60 minutes - £28
3 Vicarage Gardens, Mildenhall, Suffolk, IP287RW
I am a dedicated, flexible, and reliable worker, recently graduated from KCL with a Bachelor of Music and currently studying an MA in violin performance at Trinity Laban Conservatoire.
Non-music related employment
• 1 year and ongoing work as a private nanny and tutor for a family in North London.
• Worked as Bank Staff Nursery Assistant at Leo’s Den Nursery for 13 months.
• Employment at the West Suffolk Conservative Association office based in Exning (Inputting data, making and answering phone calls, photocopying, organising and filing documents, handling cheques).
• Promotional Staff in 2016-17 with Lifestyled – engaging with customers and advertising an app (in person and over the phone).
• Extensive employment with the catering agency Contract Personnel.
• Self-employment teaching violin and piano.
• A week of employment at the Crucial Crew program in Bury St Edmunds for children in year 6 at school.
• I took part in King’s College London Symphony Orchestra (KCLSO) for three years as orchestral manager and vice president, as well as leader of seconds. In 2019, I won the KCLSO concerto competition and performed the Kabalevsky violin concerto in three concerts on a tour to France.
• I played in the Women of the World Orchestra (WOW orchestra) presented by Sandi Toksvig at the Royal Festival Hall celebrating the success of women in art (2018), and performed again with the WOW orchestra at the World Economic Forum in Davos, under the baton of Marin Alsop (2019).
• I have played with the Orion Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall, for an operatic concert in aid of homelessness.
• Member of London Musical Theatre Orchestra, participating in the following concerts:
o The Best of the West End at the Royal Albert Hall March 2020
o Lucie Jones, Live at the Adelphi Theatre, February 2020, opportunities
o Cinderella at Cadogan Hall October 2019
o A Night at the Musicals at the Royal Derngate in Northampton October 2019
• Continuing member of the University of London Symphony Orchestra (ULSO) since 2016, and on the committee as assistant orchestral manager for 2019/2020.
• I have featured as a soloist and helped during educational concerts put on for young children of all ages in Newmarket (2016).
• High Second-Class Honours in a Bachelor of Music from King’s College London.
• Culford Senior School 2008 – 2016
• A Levels – English (A), Music (A), Psychology (B)
AS Level – Maths (C)
• Grade 8 Distinction Violin, Grade 7 Distinction Piano
• GCSEs – Maths (A*), English Literature and English Language (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A*), Music (A*), French (A*), History (A), Religious Studies (A*)
Areas of expertise/Professional Skills
My key skills include:
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and perform tasks thoroughly.
• Excellent command of the English language and IT skills.
• Organisational skills.
• Professional standard of musical ability (violinist).
• Extensive experience working with children – DBS checked.
My work, study and personal experience have given me the opportunity to develop excellent communication skills. While collaborating with other musicians, I regularly deal with obstacles and overcome these through calm consideration and compromise.
Interests and Achievements
Apart from music, I love looking after my three nieces and nephew who are all under 10 years old. Having graduated with a high 2:1 from King’s College London, I am thrilled to be attending Trinity Laban Conservatoire and studying the two-year Master of Art programme. I aspire to follow a career in music, through performing as well as teaching.
References are available upon request.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£30|