Hi all! I'm a final year English Literature student, who has tutored students from Year 1 level to A-Level standard. Of course, it's great to be a teacher but most importantly, I enjoy what I do. It feels so rewarding seeing students excel academically and reach their target.
- Worked at a private tutoring centre, helping students transition different academic milestones. This mostly included SATS exam prep, KS2 going on to KS3, GCSE going to A-Level
- Completed many private online and home tutoring based tutoring sessions.
- Helped all levels are special needs students, excel academically.
For me, lesson planning is crucial. Depending on the individuals and age group, I take different approaches to make sure that the lesson is informative yet fun. Usually, the we go through homework, discuss lesson aim and then crack on. A variety of exercises executed in different ways seems to do the trick. That's what I take pride in the most with my teaching...my students progress without having to be sitting there for the odd hour or two, yawning their way through the lesson.
Interact, support, excel. That's the motto!
I have been giving lessons for 5 years. However, I started professional teaching in English Literature and Language 2 years ago, teaching around 50 students in total, all of which achieved their target or higher.
Some weren't preparing for exams, but rather, came to me to be improve their general English. We had conversations, discussed general topics and how to present them, learned the skills of debating and the art of persuading.
Most of my students are academically excelling in most of their subjects due to higher English skills. A few have entered private schools, two had come to me with nearly no skills in English to going abroad to teach beginners and nearly everyone feeling more positive about the subject as a whole. The results were truly heart warming.
2000-2008 Infants/Junior School
2008-2014 High School
2014-Present University, London
July 2011 Assistant teacher at Parkhill Infants School
• Guided children with school work
• Helped students who are underachieving on a one on one basis.
• Addressed pupils in assembly allowing greater confidence in public speaking
July 2013 Assistant teacher at The Communication and Learning Department
• Developed interactions with those who have learning disabilities
• Coordinated with other staff members
• Motivated children with suitable activities
October 2014 Personal Mentor and Tutor
• Understood the minds of the misunderstood
• Tutored to ensure a pass in GCSE subjects studied
• Further help in personal matters
Personal Tutor in Integrity tuition Centre
• Transitioned students academically
Completed online and house based private tutoring sessions
Duke of Edinburgh Silver and Bronze Award
Fluent Arabic Speaker
Arabic GCSE B (completed in year 7)
Jack Petchy Speakout Challenge
Netball coach for 13-16 year olds
Debating society- principle speaker
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|