My teaching method solely depends on the students. I believe every student has their own unique ability to absorb information hence making each student a one-of-a-kind learner.
I tap into all sense whilst teaching and am always up to trying new teaching methods.
I believe learning is an all round approach and understanding your flavour of receiving information is what I am here for.
Thorough OSCE practice including detailed discussions of mark schemes and early sessions on ABG, Xray and ECG interpretation will allow for significant improvement in end results.
I am an Emergency Medicine doctor who has been keen in medical education since my pre-med years.
I have extensive experience in pre-clinical and clinical teaching and have had multiple success stories due to it.
I have been personally involved in organisation and volunteering of final year OSCE exams since being in my second year of medical school.
I have conducted both PBL and CBL sessions and have pre-made OSCE session guides to help a medical student through all phases.
Fatimah M Afzal MBChB
E-Mail: (concealed information)
I am currently working as a Junior Clinical Fellow in the Accident and Emergency Department at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals.
Professional Registrations / Memberships
• General Medical Council. Full registration since 31st January 2018.
• August 25, 2019 to Present (expected finish: August 015, 2021)
Junior Clinical Fellow, Accident and Emergency
I am currently in my second year of Accident and Emergency in a non-training post at Norther General Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust.
• July 23, 2018 to August 24, 2019
Foundation Year 2 Trainee-Non-Training post.
I undertook my foundation sign-off training at Accident and Emergency, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Trust.
• July 24, 2016 to July 22. 2017
I undertook my internship training in the teaching hospitals of the Dubai Healthcare Authority.
Disciple rotated in included: Obstetrics and Gynaecology, General Surgery, Accident and Emergency, Anaesthesia, Internal Medicine, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Thalassemia and Primary Health Care.
July 2019 to Present Day
Online Masters of Business Administration.
I am currently undertaking an MBA, from the London School of Business and Finance. Modules included are Accounting and Managerial Finance, Marketing and Business Environment, Systems and Operations Management, Strategic Management, two Elective Modules (yet to be announced) and a Final Dissertation.
September 2011 to July 2016
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, MBChB
I undertook and completed my medical undergraduate studies at Dubai Medical University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Other Medical Experience
• I am currently enrolled for Conflict and Catastrophe in Medicine Course scheduled to commence in January 2021. This is a step towards working for the MSF organisation in the near future.
• I am also in the midst of completing a FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine.
• I am currently in the process of sitting my FRCEM examinations.
• I am ALS (passed March 2019), ATLS (passed October 2019) and EPALS (passed February 2020) certified.
• I have completed a Point of Care Ultrasound Level 1 Competency Course (May 2019) and am working towards getting signed off.
• I am competent in general ward work and management of acutely ill patients.
Awards / Prizes
• Undergraduate Award – SIM Conference 2015
• Multiple undergraduate awards on academic standing (academic script available on request)
• During my time at Dubai Medical College, I have been involved with numerous peer mentor schemes within the medical school and have delivered revision workshops and lectures as part of these.
• I have been part of the Pre-Clinical Teaching Program at DHA delivering lectures, bedside teaching and seminars to medical students.
• During my time in Emergency Medicine, I was involved in numerous non official teaching sessions for medical students.
• As a volunteer for Dubai Autism Foundation, I was involved in multiple events with individuals of all ages, organizing fortnightly activities.
• I was Local Officer of Standing Committee of Medical Education (2013), Head of Media for Emirates Medical Student Society (2014), and during that time hosted numerous events and conferences (evidence/certificates available on request).
• I am fluent in the use of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Light Room
Skills / Interests
• I am fluent in Urdu and have passed Level 1 and 2 in British Sign Language
• I write exam questions for online revision platforms, such as Pass Medicine
• I am also involved with out of hospital medical provision services (more information
available on request so as to ensure no conflict of interest)
• I am proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• I enjoy reading books. working on my blog, swimming, art (painting) and playing long tennis
as a pastime and am passionate about travelling and photography
• Referees available on request
Fatimah is a well rounded educator who can not only focus on the technicality of the material she is teaching but also be able to tailor fit it to her students. Her ability to simply even the hardest topics to a digestable level made it a no brainer to pick her as my tutor. She is more than qualified to teach given her education and has effectively done for many years. She would 100% be the right choice for me.
Fatimah helped me through both my IGCSEs and AS/A-levels. I didn't just score great marks, I also ended up learning real life applications. I still carry all the things she's taught well into university and I'm very grateful for it!
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest health and social care lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ukcat lessons for all!
Taking elderly care lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£400|