Each student is different so I adapt my teaching style to suit. In general I believe key principals to successful learning include regular practice of exam style questions, summarisation of key points and repetition. These principals form the structure to my sessions, and from there I am guided by the needs and learning style of my students.
I am a final year medical student at Nottingham University with a previous degree in BSc Human Biology. I have extensive experience in tuition from KS2-A-level. I also have experience in medical school admission prep, including personal statements, admission tests (GAMSAT,UCAT), and interview practice.
11/2017 – Present
• Experience teaching at many different levels including KS2, KS3, GCSE, A-level, Undergraduate and University Entrance exams
• Tutor Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
• Provide tutoring for medical school admissions tests
• Received excellent feedback from students and parents
08/2015 – 08/2016
Health Care Assistant (Full time) – Princess of Wales Hospital
• Provide extensive clinical and bedside support to the Registered Nurse in the care of patients
• Observes, monitors and records conditions by taking temperature, pulse, respiration and weight measurements
• Provide personal care including infection prevention/control, feeding and personal hygiene
11/2010 – 12/2018
International Space School Education Trust – Cardiff
• Provided school space education lessons to children across the UK
10/2010 – 07/2015
Outdoor Instructor – Summit Centre Rock UK
• Instructed rock climbing, caving and mountaineering to children and adults
09/2016 – Present
University of Nottingham
Graduate Entry Medicine (Final year)
09/2011 – 06/2014
University of South Wales
BSc Human Biology (1)
09/2012 – 06/2014
Lewis Girls Comprehensive School
A-levels: Biology (A) Physics (A) Mathematics (A) Chemistry (B)
● Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
● Immediate Life Support (ILS)
SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES
● George Drexler Scholarship
● Volunteered in Sri Lanka teaching Science in a High School
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ukcat lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, bmat lessons for all!
Taking gamsat lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|