My teaching method is active learning, I believe this is the best way to ingrain knowledge for students. Also, Practice makes perfect!
I have taught in Kumon for 3 years and have a bachelors degree in Accounting and Finance. I was tutoring over 20 students with Maths and English. The students ranged from age 4 to 19. I also have completed A-levels in Economics Biology and Chemistry
Since a very young age I have been an enthusiastic individual, who enjoys facing challenges and can handle working under pressure. I have always been confident and organised, for example at the age of 5; I delivered a speech to a crowd of over 300 for a ‘graduation ceremony’ on behalf of my school. It was my first ever accomplishment. I am a self-motivated problem solver; growing up as an independent individual I tried to rectify problems myself rather than rely on others to do it for me. Proven fast learner with the ability to take initiative through experience. My degree has equipped me with the theoretical knowledge and am seeking to utilise this into practical experience, given the opportunity.
University of Southampton – MSc Finance 2020-2021
• Currently studying Master’s in Finance – Predicted grade: Merit
• Optional modules chosen include: Stock Market Analysis, Behavioural Finance, Portfolio Management and Exchange Traded Derivatives, Management of Financial risk, Quantitative Finance and Advanced Time Series Modelling
University of Southampton - BSc Accounting & Finance 2016-2019
• Bachelor’s Degree achieved: Upper second-class honours 2:1
• Thoroughly educated in the relevant modules of Financial Accounting and Management Accounting.
• Particularly enjoyed two of my optional modules Principles of Taxation and Futures & Options.
• Took part in several presentations incorporating my leadership and interpersonal skills.
Queen Mary’s College, 2014-2016
• A-Levels: Economics: (A) Biology: (B) Maths: (B)
Everest Community Academy 2010-2014
• GCSE’s 10 A*-Cs including Mathematics (A*) and English (B)
Business Development Manager - Xeretec October 19 – April 20
• Profiling new business and reaching out to new leads in a professional and timely manner
• Converting leads from multiple sources into new business opportunities – from a pitch to a close
• Establishing and maintaining excellent prospect relationships throughout the sales process
• Updating the internal database and CRM system with a high level of accuracy
• Managing pipeline efficiently
• Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure that each customer's journey is efficient
Tutor - Kumon UK Aug 2012 - July 2015
• Developed strong communication skills when liaising with colleagues and students, adapting communication style to suit individual preferences in order to get the most from my interactions
• Communication with other workers and the students was essential to my role
• Improved team working skills, sharing best practice with colleagues in order to get the most from my tutor group of over ten students.
• Proved ability to motivate and encourage people when working with tutees who found work challenging.
• Acted as a role model when embracing professional behaviour in front of tutees.
• Solved problems quickly and efficiently helping me to become more adaptable to challenging situations when dealing with difficult younger students.
• Frequently persuaded, influenced and negotiated with students if they didn’t want to do work, which was mostly successful.
• Talked to the parents of our clients professionally and resolved any of their concerns efficiently.
Sports – I enjoy taking part in various types of competitive sport, including football and basketball
Working out in the gym to keep fit and healthy
Travelling – I enjoy new experiences and I am always enthusiastic to explore the world.
Electronics – I take a great interest in anything technological and relevant to IT as I was always curious to see how technology worked. This was due to my parental environment being dependent on me to fix and troubleshoot any electrical/technological faults from a young age,
Cooking – I have a great interest in cooking and enjoy watching cooking shows.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£6|