My teaching method is based on clear communication between my students and myself to understand the specific needs and goals they may have. Consequently, my method of teaching is to encourage my students to do as much as they can independently and then for me to provide support and solutions to their specific questions. Having been a tutee in the past, I understand both sides of tutoring and believe this helps me to be a better tutor as I relay methods that were incredibly effective in helping me to excel academically.
I am a First Class Economics Graduate from the University of Bristol. I have tutored over 5 students in a range of subjects from Mathematics to Economics at GCSE and A-level standard. Having taken both Economics and Maths at A-level and excelling at Economics at University, I believe I have the right background to cater to the needs of students in the context of current economics syllabuses.
The TEFL Org: August 2020 | Edinburgh, UK
• TEFL Certificate, 120+ hours
• Including: Grammar certificate, teaching young learners, teaching business English, one-to-one tuition
University of Bristol: 2017 – 2020 | Bristol, UK
• BSc (Hons) Economics and Finance – First Class Honours (1:1)
Dr Challoner’s Grammar School: 2010 - 2017 | Amersham, UK
• A-levels: English Literature (A), Mathematics (A), Economics (A)
• GCSEs: 8 A*/As
Private Language Schools: September 2020 - onwards | Rome, Italy
English Teacher & Private Tutor
• Having completed a qualification to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), I will be teaching English at private language schools in Rome from September
• Responsibilities include; planning, teaching, assessing and reporting for different classes in the schools
• Throughout this time, I will also be taking a course to learn Italian as a second language
Morgan Stanley: October 2019 | London, UK
• Invited to spend the day learning about the experiences of analysts in different divisions
• Led a team in the presentation of an M&A deal for a case study client. This included analysis of the acquisition targets whilst ensuring that our decisions aligned with the strategic objectives of the client as well as our presentation brief
Rathbone Brothers Plc: September 2019 | London, UK
• I secured a place on the first summer internship program offered by the firm. This included a one-week rotational program to provide interns with a greater insight into the investment management industry.
• Interns had the week to prepare a presentation to deliver on the challenges facing the industry today as well as potential solutions to these issues
• As a result of working closely with the Ethical Investment Team, I was able to deliver a strong presentation at the end of the week with a primary focus on the changing wealth landscape in the UK and the evolving ESG concerns of millennials
GCSE & A-level Maths and English: January 2016 – June 2019 | Amersham, UK
• Privately tutored Maths and English at the GCSE (16+) and A-level (18+) standard after excelling in these subjects myself
• Sessions were in-person as well as being conducted online but were always one-to-one
• Students were given work prior to the lesson so that they could be challenged independently before being guided through methods and solutions
• Sessions were varied and exciting to ensure that students remained engaged over the period, I have found this to be a key driver of students retaining information and learning at a faster pace
Issa and I met at school and he tutored me for A-level economics, which I was pleased to achieve an A* in thanks to his tutorship. His style of teaching is great as he pushes you to challenge yourself but also guides you in the right direction. He is also great at understanding what examiners are looking for when it comes to exam technique. I would recommend him as a tutor for anybody looking for help with Maths and Economics!
Issa is a very knowledgable and experienced tutor and I’d recommend him for anyone looking for tuition in the realm of economics, maths, social sciences, or general business and academic skills. I have known Issa for many years and he is very encouraging and well spoken, and I think this manner is perfect for motivating you through complex topics. Aside from a stellar academic record, he is very personable and a perfect tutor.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|