I use an integrated communicative approach in teaching French that focuses on the student and his/her environment. I favour active oral expression and comprehension without neglecting written French. I offer French courses for all levels, from full beginners in the French language to advanced speakers. I can perform role plays, simulation exercises and use a wide variety of authentic written, audio or video documents. It creates a dynamic and stimulating learning rhythm favourable to both concentration and motivation.
I am a lawyer specialising in EU law. I am a French native speaker. I have studied and worked in different countries (France, UK, Belgium, Lithuania). I actually live in Manchester. I have been giving French lessons since 2011 to students and have trained people in the legal field.
2011 – 2019 : French tutor. During my studies in Bordeaux (France) I gave extra tutoring in French to foreign students. When I was working in Brussels as a lawyer, I offered French courses to lawyers wishing to improve their French skills.
until January 2019: BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, Belgium - EU enforcement lawyer
• Objectives :
- Co-ordinating and promoting the exchange of best practices of consumer law enforcement activities by BEUC members.
- Improving the co-operation of BEUC with public enforcement bodies at EU and national level.
- Developing strategic advice and digital campaigns on enforcement activities for BEUC members.
• Skills & achievements:
- Expertise on enforcement of EU consumer law. I was in charge of coordinating enforcement practices within national consumer organisations (BEUC members).
- Legal writing. With the legal team and support of academics, I participated in writing legal complaints to be submitted by members to the authorities in the field of digital policies (cybersecurity and data protection) and of sustainability (car emissions and toys safety).
- Public relations and reporting skills. Within the organisation, I was in charge of informing members about the state of play of legal cases through the publication of daily and monthly news on the internal website. I was also supporting the communication team in writing press statements and Q&A for the legal cases mentioned above (VW case, data protection’s cases and digital cases).
- Event planning skills: I organised EU law expert meetings on enforcement related to general EU consumer law, data protection and competition, with BEUC members, in the presence of EU law academics, EU officials from the European Commission, European Parliament and attachés from the European Council.
2015 - 2017: EURALIA, European and national Public Affairs Consulting, Belgium
European Public Affairs Consultant
- Monitoring and informing clients on EU daily news that could impact them.
- Advising clients on strategic positioning toward EU institutions (European Commission, European Parliament, Council) by formulating strategic recommendations based on EU legislations analyses.
• Skills & achievements: I oversaw a client portfolio representing agrifood and animal health interests- with a specialisation into EU law veterinary medicines, animal welfare and food consumers’ policy. I achieved numerous targets and developed a wide range of expertise including:
- EU legal expertise. Daily, I identified EU law proposals impacting clients and proposing amendments to influence EU officials’ decisions.
- EU decision making process. Regularly, I trained clients on the EU decision-making process to improve their influence on EU discussions.
- Lobbying strategies. I helped clients to safeguard their economic interests during EU law discussions by building global lobbying strategies (mapping relevant EU officials to meet, contacting journalists, identifying partners, organising client meetings and workshops with European officials and journalists…).
- Prospecting new clients. I networked during EU events in Brussels, representing the consultancy company during high level meetings, General Assemblies, responding to call for tenders…).
2014-2015: Bureau Aquitaine Europe, Representation of the Aquitaine Region in Brussels, Belgium
Policy officer (6 months)
• Monitoring legislation and information and writing reports on European policies regarding research and development, cohesion, energy, tourism, education.
• Organising regular meetings between stakeholders from Aquitaine and European officials.
2014: Holman Fenwick Willan, Rouen, France
Assistant lawyer (internship, 6 months)
• Assisting lawyers in the field of employment, legal research, editorial findings, audits meetings, introduction to advocacy, and participation in the creation of the new company website.
2014-2015: Law University Mykolas Romeris, Vilnius, Lithuania
Double diploma, Master 2 European Law and Governance: Environmental law, Competition law,
Internal market law, European international law - Master Thesis: European financial supervision.
2012-2013 : Law University Bordeaux IV Montesquieu, Bordeaux, France
Master 1 European law: European institutions law, environmental law, air law, European litigation.
2008-2011: Law University Toulouse 1 Capitole, Toulouse, France
Law public degree: Law of obligations, economy, fiscal law, Public and private business law.
I cannot recommend Mathilde highly enough; she is a great teacher. She's very attentive to your needs, motivating, always eager to help.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|