I vary my methods according to my pupils as there are a variety of learners and I believe each student should have their classes delivered in a way that will improve their results the most. In general, I adopt a communicative approach to classes, ensuring students have maximum time immersed in the language, speaking and performing activities in the target language.
I am a language graduate from the University of Manchester and have a MA in TESOL from the University of Liverpool. I have over six years experience tutoring, helping students from primary to a-level improve their grades. I have also lived in France for six months giving me insight into different francophone cultures and accents which I am able to pass onto my students.
Prices vary according to level and type of class.
Group classes (up to 5 students):
2017-2018 University of Liverpool
MA Teaching English to speakers of other languages
2013-2017 University of Manchester
BA (Hons) French and Spanish
2006 - 2013 Liverpool College Independent School, Liverpool
10 A*/ 2A:-including Maths, English, 3 Sciences and 2 Languages
A Levels: Geography (A) Spanish (A) French (B)
Language tutor at Woolton Tutoring
- Plan and give lessons to groups of up to 4 students
- French, Spanish and German classes at KS3, GCSE and A-level
- Design specific materials to target individual weaknesses
2018 - Present
English teacher at Conlan Language School Chester
- Classes to groups of 15 multinational children aged 12-18 from different levels on CEFR.
- Lesson planning for 90-minute classes.
- Designing culturally appropriate materials.
English teacher at Millennium language exchange
- Spanish teenagers aged 14-17, levels varying from A2- C1 in the same class.
- Lesson planning for 3-hour classes.
- Prepare and give classes at an appropriate level for all of the students.
- Prepare some students for the Cambridge B1/B2 exams.
- Identify students’ weaknesses and give specific work for the A2 / C1 pupils.
- Give feedback and assess candidates level at end of course.
2017 – Present
English teacher for Edevelop education
- One on one classes to Chinese children aged 5-10.
- Group lessons of up to 8 children.
- Weekly lesson planning.
- Designing course materials for specific levels and ages.
- IT skills using an online proxy.
- Syllabus and course design for Edevelop.
2013 - Present
French/Spanish tutor – Key-Stage 3, GCSE and A-level pupils
- Following several different school syllabuses.
- Designing a syllabus to engage and motivate KS3 students.
- Lesson planning for 45-90 minute classes.
- Adopting several different teaching techniques.
Maths/English tutor - Key stage 2/GCSE
- Identifying student’s weaknesses
- Helping individual students with specific needs
Au Pair for Spanish family in Madrid
- Teaching English as a second Language to young foreign students.
- Giving daily classes to the children (age 13 and 15).
- Looking after and teaching English to the youngest child (age 8).
Kate was an excellent tutor for my younger brother. He really struggled with Spanish in school because he found lessons boring and was really motivated to learn. Kate managed to teach him in a way that was fun, inventive but was specific to my brothers needs. She managed in the space of a year to progress my brother from a predicted grade of 5 at GCSE to an 8.
Helped me move from the bottom to the top set in GCSE Spanish. A great teacher and really fun lessons!
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|