If you have always wanted to learn French, if your children need moral support in French, if you speak French but don't have the confidence to speak in public, I am here to help you with all of the following!
No matter your age, I will make sure our lessons are adapted to what you need for you to master the art of that French je-ne-sais-quoi .
I am a 24 year old Swiss-French-American living in London and have been teaching French for the past 6 years to students of all ages, at different levels (Written and practice speaking)
I believe anybody can master French quickly if they have the will to do so. And with the right teaching, adapted to each student's easiest way of learning, I am always amazed to see how quickly beginners become fluent with such easiness in a matter of just a few lessons.
I will always find an amusing creative way to teach, thus making the work less difficult for the student. I always have my lessons planned out ahead of time, but am ready to change it on the spot if the student brings last minute work/homework/emails he needs to work on.
I believe confidence is the first step in daring to speak a foreign language and will make you feel at ease in no time. You will be surprised at how fast you will be learning.
I understand the importance to work both the grammar/writing as much as practice speaking. If you generally are shy to speak out in public, we will work on being able to fully enjoy participating in a French conversation/class et al.
If you buy 10 lessons ahead of time, the 10th lesson is free of charge.
I generally like to give a 1h30 lesson. Those extra 30minutes a week will make such a difference as to how quickly you will fully speak French.
Name: Melanie Anzarouth
Birthplace: Geneva, Switzerland
Nationalities: Swiss, French, American
Tel: (concealed information) 39
Email: (concealed information)
- French: mother tongue
- English: mother tongue
- German: fluent
** Letters of recommendation available upon request. **
Profile: Hard working ambitious candidate currently working at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a French/English moderator in Cyber Security. I have been tutoring children and adults since 2010 in various subjects and continue doing so as I find great joy in teaching.
Skills: teaching, screenwriting, computing programs, editing, designing, operating camera, presenting, events organizer, web promoting, use of social media platforms.
- 2012-2015: Royal Holloway University of London
• BA Film, Television and Digital Production Studies (Media Arts)
o Elected Course Representative in 2013, 2014 and 2015
- 2011-2012: Law: University of Geneva Switzerland
- International School of Geneva, Switzerland 1995-2011 :
o Entire education in a bilingual sector French/English
• 1995-2011 : Kindergarten to Secondary school
o International Baccalaureate. Grade = 36 points
o French(A1), English(A2), German, Mathematics, Chemistry, History
- 2016-now: French Moderator at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (PlayStation): I am in charge of monitoring any illegal act that is shared on the PlayStation networks (offensive, pornographic, terrorist et al)
- 2014-2015: Chief Editor of ‘The Tab’ Online Newspaper: I was in charge of recruiting writers, collect the articles and editing, publishing and advertising them.
- 2012-2015: Liquid Nightclub Promoter and ticket seller: Every week, I was in charge of selling a targeted amount of tickets by any means possible, on a commission only.
- 2014: Filming for Tedx at Royal Holloway University: I was in charge of recruiting a team of camera operators to film the event and recruiting editors to edit it.
- ** 2014: Web/Media Promoter Internship for Belaneve, I was in charge of creating advertising/publicity via photography, videos and articles, and recruiting on social media platforms, new buyers and memberships for the company**
- 2010-2016: Tutor in English and French: one-to-one tuition lessons on personal account. I published advertisements looking for various students to teach to.
University related activities:
In all of these elected positions, I was in charge of leading a team, was responsible for recruiting writers, persuading guest speakers to come to events and organizing these, working in collaboration and as a team player with the HQ in London, organizing the television’s daily agenda etc. Skills that I believe are important assets to fully grasp work responsibilities.
- 2014-2015: Elected Head of Operations for RhubarbTV, The Students’ Union’s Royal Holloway University’s television channel.
- 2014-2015: Elected President of Royal Holloway University’s Media Society
- 2013-2014: Chief Editor of ‘The Tab’ Online Newspaper
- 2013-2014: Networking Officer of Royal Holloway University’s Media Society: in charge of recruiting guest speakers for our media based events. These include Sorted Food, Postmodern Jukebox amongst others.
- 2013: Designer of the ‘Founder’: University’s Newspaper
Achievements from University:
- 2015: Awarded the Royal Holloway Gold Passport award with 315 points, recognizing my contribution to the College, and the wider community, through extra-curricular activities. (Passport reached at 80points, Gold Award at 200 points). These activities include: my Presidency of the Media Society (2012-2015), Head of Operation of the University’s Television RhubarbTV (2014-2015), Chief editor of the Tab newspaper (2012-2015), Designer of the Founder newspaper (2012-2013), Nightclub promoter and ticket seller, Internship as a Web Promoter on social media platform, Student Representative of Media Arts students (2012-2015), et al.
- 2015: Awarded a Distinction in Writing Skills certificate
- **2015: Screenwriting for a short film: ’Somewhat Magical’. The script was produced into a film after having raised a budget of 1000£ and was released in May 2015.**
- 2014-15: Volunteering as ‘Peer Guide’ for Royal Holloway, helping new students settling in quickly to address the transition to student life in a friendly way.
Melanie has been my English teacher for 7 months. She teaches me English 2hours per week via Skype. I am a French speaker working in an American business company. I needed Melanie’s help to be able to feel at ease speaking in English to my coworkers and clients over the phone or in live situations.
Melanie also helps me reading my work emails and replying to these using the appropriate tone.
Melanie is a friendly and kind teacher and mostly very patient. She is younger than I am but always shows professional maturity throughout her classes and I never felt uncomfortable about it.
I am glad to have her as my teacher!
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|