Started private tutoring in 2006 and qualified in 2009 with a PGCE in Primary Teaching.
Worked in London as a primary teacher and decided to move to Milton Keynes.
Worked part time after having my little one and this led me to continue doing private tuition alongside.
Enjoyed working in all stages from Key Stage one to Key Stage two.
I also host during the summer holidays to young international students, teaching English (20 hours a week).
I am a friendly and an experienced primary school teacher with over 10 years of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 teachings, offering tutoring in English and maths for ages 5-11.
I recently left my class teaching role to spend more time with my daughter and to pursue an alternative career path in tutoring and intervention work in school. I have a passion for helping children who struggle with writing and have achieved considerable success in this area by trying to simplify the process and providing lots of prompts. I also enjoy teaching Maths and have experience of preparing children for KS1 and KS2 Sats at the end of Year 2 and year 6. As an experienced teacher I have a good understanding of National Curriculum expectations, having taught all year groups in this age phase in the recent past.
Throughout my career, I have worked with a range of learners of many different abilities. I believe I am patient, motivated and will encourage your child to do the best that they possibly can. I am able to provide a range of resources to support your child during their tutoring session and will make the session as engaging and successful as I possibly can.
The Premier Academy - Sept 2018 - July 2019
Year 1 Full Time Teacher
Wavendon Gate School – Milton Keynes
Year 3 and interventions teacher January 2018 – July 2019
Greenleys Junior School – Milton Keynes
Year 5 Teacher January 2016 – July 2016 and
Year 3 Teacher January 2017 – July 2016
Norbury Primary School – Harrow
KS2 Teacher Oct 2011 – Dec 2015
Responsible for assisting in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head teacher. In charge organising classes and responding to the strengths and needs of students during lessons.
• Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum.
• Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils.
• Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment.
• Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class.
• Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation.
• Maintaining discipline.
• Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development.
• Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development.
• Providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil's progress at parents' evenings and other meetings.
• Coordinating activities and resources within History and the School Travel Plans, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area.
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum.
• Meeting with other professionals such as educational psychologist and attending annual meeting for pupils in the Special Needs Education register.
Roxbourne Infant School, Harrow 05/09/11 – 21/10/11
Supply teaching for a Year 1 class
Elmgrove Junior School, Brent 03/01/11 – 23/08/11
Year 4 Classroom Teacher
Kensal Rise Primary School, Brent 01/01/10 – 18/12/10
Year 5 Teacher
Kilburn Park Foundation School 03/09/09–21/12/09. Year 3 NQT Classroom Teacher
Harris Academy Bermondsey 04/01/05 – 17/08/08
London Metropolitan University 01/09/08 - 07/08/09
PGCE in Early Years and Primary Education
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College 28/09/01 – 17/06/04
BA Degree in Business Studies
St Charles 6th Form College, London 04/09/1999 – 18/06/2001
A Levels in Spanish, Geography and Business Studies
Maria Fidelis School, London 04/09/1994 – 13/07/1999
9 GCSE’s A-C including English, Math’s, Double Science and Spanish.
Institute of Education, University of London October 2013
Early Leadership Programme
Milton Keynes Play Association June 2015
Paediatric First Aid
Safeguarding May 2016
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£15|