I speak fluent German and advanced Russian, so would be able to help with GCSE & A Level German & Russian language. My mother tongue is English, so I would be happy to continue teaching this as a foreign language too.
I offer conversation-based classes, as I firmly believe conversation is the easiest and most fun way to learn a language.
I would love to help with any homework or assignments, providing advice on grammar & vocabulary.
I recently completely my BA German and Russian degree at the University of Exeter (I achieved a 2:1 with Distinction in Spoken German). I took German at A Level, and German, French and Latin at school, so I have knowledge of a range of languages.
I've been tutoring English (as a foreign language) online for 18 months & have volunteered as a German language assistant in the past
A language enthusiast with a passion for meeting and working with new people. I enjoy learning languages and experiencing new cultures. I am organised, hardworking, resilient and keen to create an equal society for all. As a recent graduate of the University of Exeter, I am looking forward to using languages to enhance cross-cultural communications and understanding.
Key Language Skills
Fluent communicator in English and German; high-level competency in Russian and knowledge of French and Latin.
June 2020 Bachelor of Arts with Honours (Class II Division I) in German and Russian with Distinction in Spoken German: University of Exeter
• Focus on translation into and out of target languages, writing, speaking, experience in interpreting; collating and presenting information; studying politics, history, culture and literature of target cultures; cross-cultural Women in Translation literature module
• Extramural year in Russia (St Petersburg State University; Kazan Federal University), September 2018-June 2019. Language-focussed learning while immersed in Russian culture; living in homestay; improving intercultural communication and navigating cultural differences
June 2016 GCE A Level (St Laurence School, Bradford on Avon)
German (A), English Literature (A), History (B)
Level 2 Certificate (GCSE equivalent) in Latin Language (A*)
June 2015 AS Level (St Laurence School, Bradford on Avon)
Philosophy & Ethics (A)
June 2014 GCSE (St Laurence School, Bradford on Avon)
English Language (A*)
English Literature (A)
Foundation Science (A*)
Additional Science (A*)
Religious Studies (A*)
Art & Design (A)
Level 2 Higher Project (A*)
Language-Related Work Experience
February 2019 – present English language tutor (Educastream),
• Teaching French students English grammar and vocabulary through conversation in online lessons; experience with communicating through technology; communicating clearly and patiently
July – August 2018 Au pair (Vienna, Austria)
• Looking after and teaching 3 children aged 7-14; interacting patiently and gently in German and English
July – August 2017 Bar work (Berlin, Germany)
• Experience in a demanding environment; communicating with colleagues and customers in a friendly, efficient manner in German, French and English; learning new skills under pressure
July 2016 Conversational English (Guangzhou, China)
• Informal language classes with university Business students
Sept 2014 – April 2016 Voluntary language assistant (St Laurence School, Bradford on Avon)
• Supporting German language classes for younger years; one-to-one support and leading the class in group activities
Other Volunteering Activities
August 2020 Child Houses
• Independently raising money and awareness for Child Houses to help vulnerable children in Syria
Oct 2014 – July 2015 People Against Poverty
• Sponsored fundraising events and visit to help support a farming community in rural Romania
Sept 2014 – April 2015 Mercy in Action, Bradford on Avon
• Experience with till; organising shop floor; serving customers
Interests and Hobbies
• I relish time spent outdoors: running, walking, camping and climbing mountains (most notably Mt Elbrus in Russia). I completed the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award and challenged myself to run a Half Marathon to raise money for the charity Mind.
• I love travelling, meeting new people from different walks of life and using my languages.
Professor Chloe Paver, Associate Professor and Personal Tutor, University of Exeter, (concealed information)
Yuliya Kostyuk, Associate Lecturer, University of Exeter, (concealed information)
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|