Learning should be fun and children should want to learn! My lessons are very practical and are tailored to children’s individual interests. I have a good knowledge of the National Curriculum and have tutored children through SATs and KS2 times tables screening.
I have experience teaching in both KS1 and KS2. I currently teach full time in a KS1 class and currently tutor in KS2 Literacy, but have previously tutored in KS1 Maths. I can offer well structured, fun lessons, individually tailored to your child.
(concealed information)0 (concealed information)
I am a caring and compassionate teacher, who strives to make the curriculum engaging and exciting. I have worked in a range of different school settings and have good experience in adapting my teaching to support and extend all learners. I have a positive relationship with all pupils, as I know this ensures a happy and productive learning environment. I have helped support the School Improvement plan by being part of the STEM team and have prioritised areas needed to raise the profile of STEM and cross-curricular learning, including organising a whole school event. I have become a more resilient teacher by leaning on my colleagues for support when needed.
BA hons in English with Creative Writing from Falmouth University
PGCE in Primary Education from Brighton University
A levels- English Literature- C
English Language- C
GCSEs- 9 including- Maths- B
English Literature- A
English Language- A
- Planning and resourcing exciting cross curricular lessons, which are accessible to all children
- Maintaining a good rapport with children, parents and staff alike
- A clear awareness of the individual emotional needs of all pupils and how to support them
Class Teacher- Bolnore Village Primary School, Haywards Heath (12/18-07/19)
- Planned a successful residential trip- including parent meetings, risk assessment and room allocations
- Taken ownership of the literacy planning for the year group, with a focus on introducing drama as a way of exploring the core text
- Organised STEM week with the STEM school development team. This included liasing with governors to ensure they had a contribution, as well as planning workshops for greater depth pupils and organising a science fair
Class Teacher- Langney Primary School, Eastbourne (10/17-07/18)
- Full management and responsibility for administering KS1 SATS
- Report writing
- Organising Christmas production and school trips
Full references available upon request.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|