When teaching, I like to create a friendly yet productive atmosphere where the pupils can learn at their own rate but also be challenged in a suitable way. I encourage musicality and creativity in lessons, whatever genre, to build a love for playing.
I believe that students should alway find time to have fun and be creative on their instruments as well as doing their designated practice. I believe if you have fun with your instrument you are more likely to enjoy practice and feel more motivated to pick it up.
Sam is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
A couple of years ago I graduated from the Royal Academy of Music with a 1st class Bachelor of Music (Hons) where I studied woodwind. I also learn Piano and a secondary study at the Academy. I have completed all musical grades on the saxophone and have had a lot of experience playing and teaching woodwind and piano.
•Summer School Organiser for Cambridge Music Service (2018)
• Summer School Course Leader for Peterborough Music Service (2017-2018)
• Woodwind Piano Teacher at Focus School (2017-2018)
• Woodwind Piano Teacher at Ken Stimpson School Peterborough (2017-2018)
• Part time woodwind teacher at Cherry Pie Music, Wimbledon (2015-
• Woodwind teacher at Belmont Primary School, Chiswick (2014-present)
• Royal Academy of Music Junior Academy-teaching assistant (2013)
• Music in the community-Outreach and project leader in schools such as
Willesden Primary School (2013)
• Wigmore Hall "Crying Out Loud" project (2013)
• Private teaching in London and Sussex- woodwind and piano (2008-
• "Starfish" Brighton Council project- coach for aspiring musician (2005-08)
• East Sussex Academy Bigband Leader and Arranger/Composer (2005-08)
• Glynde Performing Arts Summer School-performing tutor (2007)
• Primary School Teaching Assistant Work Experience (2004)
• Yamaha Jazz Scholar - including CD release for Jazzwise (2013)
• Royal Academy of Music- Big Band (2008-13)working with musicians such
• Dankworth family, Cleo Laine, Kenny Wheeler and Tim Garland
• Troyka Ensemble- Ronnie Scott's (2012)
• James Taylor-Ronnie Scott's (2011)
• Mileski Quartet- Ronnie Scott's , 606 Jazz Venue, Royal Academy, (2008-
• Tom Green Septet - Wigmore Hall, Cambridge University, 606 jazz venue
• Bachelor of Music Honours Degree, Royal Academy of Music- First-high
• honours (2009-13)
• A-Levels : Music-A, Music Technology-B, Psychology-D (2008)
• G.C.S.E : A*- Music, Maths, A- French, Art, B- English, Physics, Biology, C-
• Chemistry (2006)
• Grade 8 - Saxophone- distinction (2004)
I love my sax lessons with Sam. He's encouraging, inspiring and challenging all in perfect balance. I learn something new each week but most importantly I really enjoy playing. Sam is completely professional and warm and he teaches at my home which makes learning as an adult possible alongside juggling work and family.
Sam teaches our 11-year old daughter piano. She has 45 minutes which we thought might be too long but she is engrossed and without realising it is learning a mix of styles such as pop/blues/classical, playing by reading from music, without music and song writing. She is only a beginner but Sam is giving her so many ideas and tips in a fun environment. We're so pleased we found Sam and highly recommend him.
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|