As a classically-trained musician, this is what I specialise in teaching and have prepared students for many ABRSM & TRINITY music exams. However, I also teach those who are learning just for fun (in the past these pieces have included: folk tunes, Disney, and Einaudi or anything the student wants to learn).
As well as performance preparations, correct posture, techniques and music theory will be covered as these are vital for building a strong foundation in any musical education. Parents of current students have found that introducing technical and theoretical features into lessons has resulted in a noticeable difference in their child's understanding and playing ability.
As a recent graduate from a Russell-group University (The University of Leeds), I have spent the past six years growing my tutoring service and working with some wonderful students!
I offer lessons for:
- Music: Piano, Violin and Music Theory,
- Primary Maths & English,
- 11+ exam preparation.
I have attained grade 8 in both piano and violin with over 15 years of playing and most recently, have become an Associate of the Royal Schools of Music (ARSM). In addition, I was the recipient of two performance awards: Toothill Performance Award 2017-18 and The Ernest and Luther Gaunt Music Award 2018-19 for advanced ability.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- I offer a fun, friendly and tailored tutoring service for anyone wanting to develop their skills or learn something completely new.
- Experienced in private tutoring since 2014 with current students ranging from 5-28 years of age.
- DBS-checked and experience working in various Primary Schools.
- Parents and students have cited noticeable progress, an increase in motivation to practise and increased confidence as just some of the results from our lessons together.
More reviews can be found towards the bottom of my page.
REVIEWS FROM CURRENT PARENTS/STUDENTS: (collected July 2020)
- ‘We can not fault Sammi. She is consistent, patient and firm. We like how she doesn't let (name removed) mess around. She pushes (name) out of her comfort zone which always gets results.’ From the parents of a 9-year old student.
- 'I am really grateful for and very satisfied with your professionalism, preparedness as well as your kindness and care for my daughter and her progress'. From the parent of 15 year old student.
- 'Sammi has the teaching ability of someone you’d normally associate with being a lot older than herself. She’s a great listener and has been able to progress my piano ability whilst only teaching me online classes for 30 mins a week. Would definitely recommend to anyone who’s looking for a virtual piano teacher'. From a 23 year old student.
- 'I like that we work through the parts that I find difficult which no other teacher has done before. You are always happy, which makes me happy'. From a 10 year old student.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile!
Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information or for any enquiries.
I look forward to hearing from you!
£35 = 1 hour
£20 = 30 mins
£15 = 30 mins
2009 – 2014 │Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School
GCSEs: Music, English Literature, History, Religious Studies (A*), Chinese, French, English Language, Mathematics, Core Science, Drama (A), Additional Sciences (B)
2014 – 2016 │Southend High School for Boys
A-Levels: Music, English Literature, Economics (B)
2016 – 2019 │University of Leeds
BA in Music, 2:1. Awarded the Toothill Performance Award (2017-18) and the Ernest and Luther Gaunt Award in Music (2018-19) for advanced ability and progress in Performance. Active member of the LUUMS’ Symphony Orchestra and a volunteer with LUUMIC (Leeds University Union Music Impact in the Community) society.
Perfect! Sammi's a great tutor, very professional and I enjoy every lesson.
Sammi has been my piano teacher for the past 3 years and has helped me complete grades 6-8 and helped me go to the Royal College of Music. I can not recommend her enough and you are in good hands with her.
Sammi is an absolutely amazing teacher. She has helped me a great amount in improving my piano skills and my confidence in playing in front of other people. She is kind, patient and very enthusiastic about her music! I’d be over the moon if I could be even half as talented as she is one day!
Sammi is a super friendly tutor who makes sure the student gets results and enjoyment out of their lesson. She attends lessons fully prepared. For expamole, asking you what you’d like to improve on and then bringing a set of exercises and techniques to work on that, as well as identifying areas for improvement herself. Similarly, she’ll take suggestions as to what you’d like to play as well as suggesting pieces herself. She sets you tasks to overcome challenges between lessons. She demonstrates and explains things clearly to the pupil. I’d definitely recommend sammi as a tutor!
Definitely would recommend! I recently decided to take up piano but was worried I started too late. Sammi was recommended to me by a friend and honestly I can’t thank her enough for my progress! She has been very patient and keen to help me as I build up my skills which really has put me at ease. I look forward to when I can start playing pieces :)
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|