The most important aspect of computer science tutoring to me is to ensure the student understands the theory fully and is able to apply it. Being a student myself, I know that boring lectures aren't the best way to teach and always aim to make my sessions interesting and interactive.
In my sessions I will go through a topic with a student and answer any questions they may have. I will use real-life examples and analogies to make the theory easier to understand and remember. When it comes to programming, I will show the student different ways problems can be solved and how to find the most efficient one. I will also offer tips for exam technique, time management and general revision.
I am a gap year student who's just finished her A-Levels in Maths (predicted A*), Further Maths (predicted A), Computer Science (predicted A*) and French (predicted A*). I received almost straight 9s in my 12 GCSEs and I've had previous experience tutoring GCSE-level students in both Maths and French. I also have experience working with younger children (aged 4-11). I am a native French, English, Russian and Portuguese speaker.
Rates for A-Level tutoring: £25/h. Cancellation policy: lessons need to be cancelled 24h before otherwise they need to be payed in full.
A-Levels - Francis Holland School Sloane Square (September 2019 - June 2021)
I am a gap year student waiting for my A-Level results in Mathematics (predicted A*), Further Mathematics (predicted A), Computer Science (predicted A*) and French (predicted A*).
IGCSEs - Francis Holland School Sloane Square (September 2017 - June 2019)
I completed 12 GCSEs: French (A*), Portuguese (A*), Russian (A*), English Literature (A*), English Language (9), Mathematics (8), History (9), Spanish (9), Physics (8), Religious Studies (8), Biology (9) and Chemistry (9).
WORK EXPERIENCE & LEADERSHIP ROLES
Running Homework Club - Katherine Low Settlement (October 2019 - January 2020)
● Managed a homework club for refugee children aged 4-11.
● Improved my communications skills as I often had to work with and tutor children who didn't speak English well if at all. Mostly helped with reading English and basic arithmetic.
Mathematics Prefect (September 2019 - June 2020)
● Collaborated with my partner to inspire more girls to pursue Mathematics by organising maths clinics, tutoring students who needed help and giving talks to younger years.
French Tutor (September 2019 - January 2020)
● Worked with GCSE-level students to improve their French (speaking & writing).
● Improved my teaching/tutoring skills when it comes to languages and allowed me to identify common struggles GCSE French students encounter and thus find better ways to help them learn.
PROJECTS & COMPETITIONS
Website with Stock Market Predictions (June 2020 - June 2021)
● Developed a Recurrent Neural Network which uses past stock market prices to predict future ones using Keras and TensorFlow (Python).
● This was part of my Computer Science A-Level Coursework (achieved 87%/A*).
Newnham College Mathematics Essay Prize (January 2020 - March 2020)
● Wrote an essay titled “How does mathematics protect your privacy online?”
● Researched applications of quantum computing to encryption and decryption.
InvestIn Young Computer Scientists Program (January 2020)
● Attended a lecture about different careers in computer science.
● Collaborated with 3 peers to write code for the voice recognition software used in recent
Samsung phones (Java).
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer networks lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer science lessons for all!
Taking software lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£185||£200|