I am a fully qualified Classics teacher providing high-quality bespoke tuition. I take pride in tailoring my approach to each student's needs and providing a positive experience. I work at all levels, including Common Entrance, GCSE and A-Level.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in the teaching of Latin, Ancient Greek and Ancient History.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
My most relevant qualifications and experience include:
- PGCE Latin with Classics, King's College London; Qualified Teacher Status from the year 2015.
- BA (Hons) in Classics from the University of Oxford (2:1)
After completing my undergraduate degree, I became a solicitor and worked in the City for several years before entering teaching – a decision I'm always very glad I made!
- How much do you charge?
My basic rate is £40 per hour but charges will be higher for GCSE or A level studies.
- Where do you teach?
I principally work from home but may be able to travel upon request.
- When are you available?
During term time I available evenings and weekends. I have much greater flexibility in the school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My training and teaching experience is at Secondary school level (ages 11-18) however I provide a positive and encouraging tuition experience for students of all ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can help students prepare for GCSE and A-Level exams, and also at university level.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I am a full-time Classics teacher at a leading independent school in London, and have held this position since qualifying as a teacher in 2015. In this role I have gained a wealth of experience teaching Latin, Ancient Greek and Ancient History from 'beginner' to GCSE and A-Level standard. I am also a professional marker for OCR (Ancient History GCSE).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
As a full-time teacher, I have held an up-to-date DBS since entering the profession in 2014.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I completed the PGCE course through King's College London. I trained at The Royal Grammar School, Guildford and Woking High School.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the Classical Association.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
In addition to my full-time teaching I am currently teaching local students for the WJEC Level 2 Certificate in Latin Language.
• BA (hons) Classics, University of Oxford
• PGCE in Latin with Classics, King's College London
• Up-to-date DBS check
• Classical Association
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, classics lessons for all!
Taking latin lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£50||£50||Not available|