Currently studying at the University of Nottingham, I will be offering maths tutor session up to and including GCSE standard. These lessons will give a comprehensive overview of the syllabus along with tailored lesson plans to suit the students need. I consider myself both friendly and approachable as well as extremely knowledgable on the subject of maths, something I have been passionate about for some time.
I have frequently offered on and off help for my next door neighbour's children, who were aged 11 and 15 at the time, with GCSE level maths and earlier content. I had a great relationship with the two boys whose test results improved from just a few sessions. I also have an A-grade in both A-level and GCSE Maths.
Cancellation Policy- Please let me know an hour before the start time of the lesson.
Alexander Martin Major
I have shown myself to be hardworking, organised and determined to achieve my goals, particularly over last few years through my studies. I am an out going individual with strong people and communication skills.
People skills: I find it easy to develop rapport with people.
Teamwork: I enjoy working in a team environment.
Excellent numerical skills- A grade maths GCSE and A level
Full and clean driving licence
Interests and Achievements
• At school I won the termly History Prize twice for A Level History. Furthermore, I won the overall Business prize in my last year at school judged over the whole two-year course.
• I was also awarded full house colours and made a house prefect in my final year at school for my commitment and help given to all members of the house in all age groups.
• I ran the 2017 Vitality 10,000m in support of the Rainbow Trust foundation.
• I also played 1st team cricket at school, in a team which went undefeated throughout our final season.
• I have a passion for Football, Cricket and Golf, playing at a reasonably high level.
July 2015 Oracle Corporation UK, Moorgate London:
Two weeks’ work experience where I practised skills such as cold calling and research tasks. I was also involved in various meetings on business strategy. The experience developed my understanding of the corporate workplace and my communication skills.
August 2017 River street events, helped the maintenance of The Good Food Festival.
Weekends January 2103-April 2013 paper shop in Thames Ditton:
Working early mornings delivering papers and organising deliveries.
Other jobs: I’ve also been involved in babysitting and maths tutoring for various families close to me for the past 2 or so years.
Reed’s School, Cobham, Surrey 2010-2017
2015 nine GCSE’s including A* in Physics and History and A in Spanish and Maths.
2017, A-Levels: Maths (A) History (A) Business (B)
2017-present: Currently studying History at the University of Nottingham
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£11||£11||Not available|
|5 hours||£50||£50||Not available|
|10 hours||£95||£95||Not available|