Teaching skiing using requires practical application but there is some technique that can be built without the snow underneath your feet.
It is up to the students/parents on lesson structure but as a full driving license holder the option of travelling to local indoor ski slopes is a viable option as I feel these provide far better simulation and indication of ski conditions and abilities respectively.
As tutor of sport my main ambition is for everyone to have fun but the nature of the sport means that safety is another major priority.
I recently graduated from Nottingham Trent University with a upper second class (2.1) degree in Business, but to teach something I love and have a passion for as I do for skiing was too tempting an opportunity to miss. I have 20 years of skiing experience under my belt.
Mobile: (concealed information)4
Address: Deans Meadow, Wicken Road, Arkesden, CB11 4EY
E-mail: (concealed information)
I am a Nottingham Trent business school graduate seeking engaging and stimulating business and sports related employment. I am an outgoing, hardworking, team player, with a vested interest in the culture and business of sports, events and education. I have relevant industry experience in Adidas, Misys and believe I can make a real contribution to a workforce, while also to developing my commercial awareness whilst learning new skills and experiencing corporate culture and values.
BA(hons) Business, 2015-2018:
• Grade 2.1
• Relevant modules- strategic marketing, corporate governance and risk management, cultural and international management
A Levels, Joyce Frankland Academy, 2014/15:
• History B, Economics C, Chemistry D
AS Levels, Newport Free Grammar School, 2012-14:
• Biology C, Maths D
GCSEs, Newport Free Grammar School, 2012:
• Chemistry A, Physics A, History A, Maths A
• English Lang B, English Lit B, Biology B, Business Studies B
• Statistics B, French B, ICT C
Adidas (Summer 2014) Global sports design:
- Worked in Global sports design department during the Football World Cup
- Competently processed and filed significant product orders
- Involved in shooting for Adidas special range A/W 2015 demonstrates creative aptitude
- Showed customer service expertise as I was the only intern trusted to play role in welcoming celebrity guests to office
- Co-managed and organised a charity football tournament
- Took stock checks and organised warehouse highlighting my ability to work consistently on task requiring significant attention to detail.
Beetle Juice Midlands Cocktail Bar (March 2018 - Present)
- Worked as a member of staff team, advancing my ability to work effectively in a team, adapted my approach dependant on who my co-workers were
- Gave me an insight into the workings of a small business in such an environment, particularly the potential for increasing efficiency via human resource management improvement
- Understood the challenges and motivations of low paid employment working environment
- Assumed management position, displaying my ability to organise a team effectively
- Developed my ability to work effectively and exert excellent customer service in high pressure work environments
Misys Ltd (Summer 2013) Misys is the leading global software supplier in Financial Services, providing application and services for Banking, Treasury and Capital Markets.
- Worked in the legal department reviewing contracts to ensure compliance with company policies
- Customer Service departments reviewing and updating customer records on the CRM system.
Cambridge Assessment (Spring 2017-2018) operates and manages the University's three exam boards
- Involved in moderation and marking of exam papers at various levels
- High levels of responsibility as auditing these exams could dictate a candidate’s future prospects
- Inputted information into the system and reviewed information process
• Team working and communication- Naturally a very sociable person I enjoy working within, leading or without a team shown by my involvement in sports teams from a young age, often selected for captaincies roles proves that I have an aptitude for logistical organisation of a group.
• Problem solving- Very strong mental arithmetic and a logistic way of thinking to allows me to easily manipulate statistics and data well to disprove and prove theories/ ideas. Personally find problem solving satisfying rather than frustrating.
• Commercial and cultural awareness- Strong performance in culture and equality modules of A2 economics presents understanding of global citizenship, deep interest in global issues (social and economic), basic understanding of French.
Hobbies and Interests:
• Football: 6-aside football NTU intermural leagues 2015-present, Nottingham 5/6/7 aside leagues 2015-present, Stoneycroft United FC 2016-present, First XI Football Newport Free Grammar School
• Rugby: Wendens Ambo RFC 2014 to present, Saffron Walden Rugby Club 2007-2014, First XV Rugby Newport Free Grammar School (captain)
• Rickling Ramblers cricket club 2015 to present
• Expert Skier qualified to ESF race and freestyle Level
• Snowboarding ESF 3* level rider
Other qualifications and societies:
• Greenhouse Gas- Investors in the Environment certificate
• NTU football society and snow sports society
• Future Learn courses: “Innovation: the Key to Business Success” at the University of Leeds and “Preparing for University” at the University of East Anglia
• I have wide circle of friends and enjoy attending concerts, festivals amongst other social events
• Driving Licence holder since February 2014
• Duke of Edinburgh Award
Referees: Available upon request
skiing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest alpine skiing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, speed skiing lessons for all!
Taking freestyle skiing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£225||Not available|