I base my guitar lessons on the needs of the student, and plan the lessons so that it will be fun and the right amount of challenging to learn. My approach to teaching is kind and encouraging, everyone can learn how to play the guitar!
I'm a kind and enthusiastic guitarist with 10+ years experience playing in bands, writing and teaching music. I have a degree in music (guitar) and have taught more than 20 students, both beginners and advanced guitar players and seen them succeed both in bands and in further education.
I will ask you to cover the travel expenses in case you want me to teach at your house. Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to the class will be charged at half price. Same day cancellation will be charged at full price.
2016 - 2019 (BMus) Popular Music Performance, British & Irish Modern Music Institute
2017 Music Business - Organisational and Legal Perspectives, Linnéuniversitetet
2014 Music Theory and Ensemble, Lund University
RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
2018 & 2019 Girls Rock London (Guitar Tutor and Band Coach )
- Planning and leading tutoring sessions for women and trans people (20+) and girls and trans youth
- Facilitating band sessions with young people
- Creating an accepting atmosphere for learning, writing and performing music
- Working with strong awareness of child safeguarding and social justice
2018 & 2019 Popkollo Sweden (Coordinator and Music Tutor )
- Mentoring band sessions for children
- Teaching the fundamentals of a range of instruments
- Responsible for the well-being of 20-60 children, age 11-18 during the camp week
- Answering enquiries and other ad hoc administrative duties
- Liaising with parents, guardians and staff in person, over phone and email, to ensure smooth
delivery of the programme
- Planning and delivering programme schedules
2016 Rock Camp
Band coach at Summer Camp in Sweden, mixed groups, 10-15 years old.
Perfect! Karin is a very special person. She is obviously very talented, but also very calm, patient, kind and encouraging. My son who suffers from extreme anxiety looks forward to his lessons with Karin every week and his self esteem is increasing with each lesson. I would not hesitate in recommending Karin.
Oliver is always positive and hard working which makes the lessons a joy! He takes initiative and is very communicative of what he wants to learn, and asks questions until he fully understands. I am very happy about the lessons and his progress!
Perfect! Wonderful. Managed to get my son enthused about practice and playing again.
It is great fun to teach Arlo the guitar. He is very keen and creative and picks up new chords quickly.
guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest acoustic guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, electric guitar lessons for all!
Taking bass guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|