I have taught degree level students before and during this time I brought the students up to speed my making sure that there were open lines of communication. This ensured that I had a good grasp of their understanding on the topic.
I am a recent masters degree graduate from Imperial College. I studied Civil Engineering, and then subsequently Structural Engineering. After my bachelor's degree, I spent a year as a Teaching Assistant where I gained most of my tutoring experience where I worked with a minimum of a 100 students.
I am an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated MSc Graduate in General Structural Engineering obtained from Imperial College London and a BSc holder of a Civil Engineering degree with a First Class Honours. I am seeking a role as a tutor where I can help students better understand subjects they have been taught in school.
I am knowledgeable in Structural Analysis; Mechanics; Physics; and Mathematics. I am proactive and possess good communication and interpersonal skills acquired through my education and work experiences. Moving from Ghana to the UK to complete my Masters I had to be very adept at working and learning with new ideas and methodologies which is an invaluable skill in a work environment. I am flexible to work anywhere as required by the job.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Period Educational Institution Qualification obtained
Sept. 2017– Imperial College, London, Master of Science (MSc) General Structural Engineering
Sept. 2018 United Kingdom
Sept. 2012 – Kwame Nkrumah University of Bachelor of Science (BSc) Civil Engineering
June 2016 Science and Technology (First Class Honours)
(KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana
Aug. 2014 – IPMC College of Technology, Foundation in Computing
Sept. 2014 Kumasi, Ghana
2009 – 2012 Opoku Ware Senior West African Senior High School Certificate:
High School, Kumasi, Ghana Obtained 5 grade A1, and one grade B2
Period Institution Role/Responsibilities
2016 – Date Jobs with private Structural Trainee
Engineering Consultant - Analyzed and produced reinforced concrete design
calculations for residential homes, commercial centres
and school buildings.
- Produced sketches and numerous structural working
- General solving of engineering problems.
- Supervised structural detailing of St Louis SHS residential block
2016 – 2017 Department of Civil Engineering, Teaching and Research Assistant
Kwame Nkrumah University - Graded over 100 structural analysis examination
of Science and Technology scripts in 2 days
- Organized and facilitated Theory of Structures tutorial
sessions to increase student’s understanding of the subject.
-Research on bamboo reinforced concrete beams using finite element analysis software
- Assisted postgraduate students with research work.
- Produced the conceptual design and designed the columns for the university’s new College of Arts and Built Environment building, on the behalf of the school’s development office.
July – Sept ABP Consult Summer Intern
2015 - Ensured quality control at concrete batching site involving the construction of a multimillion-dollar road contract including overhead bridges, culverts, etc.
-Supervised structural detailing of Kumasi City Mall.
KEY SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Quality control that ensured the execution of a multimillion-dollar contract involving the construction of roads and culverts within timescales.
• Worked with consultants during my internship to ensure detail arrangement was according to design specifications.
• Sized and detailed reinforced concrete beams, columns and retaining walls and produced structural drawings as a member of the structural design team in the development office at KNUST in Ghana.
• Successfully led students to complete concrete crushing tests, and four-point bending tests in a laboratory setting to enhance understanding of key topics and conduct research work during my role as a teaching and research assistant.
• Produced numerous reinforced concrete designs for residential homes, commercial buildings, and school buildings under the direction of a mentor.
• Good working knowledge of civil engineering methods, techniques and legislations.
• Good knowledge of British Standards and Eurocodes for analysis and design of various structures.
• Excellent team player and able to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage limited resources, within required timescales.
• Leadership and project management skills developed during my experience with ABP Consult.
• Proficiency in the use of the following software:
Oasys GSA for analysing structures;
STAAD (Structural Analysis and Design) Pro software for analysing structures;
ETABS (Extended 3D Analysis and Building Software) for design and analysis of structures;
Autodesk Revit for design, analysis and detailing of structures;
AutoCAD software for drafting designs;
ABAQUS software for finite element analysis;
ANSYS software for finite element analysis.
Microsoft EXCEL and WORD
I am a very active person and I enjoy philosophical debates and swimming
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£14|
|5 hours||Not available||£29||£70|
|10 hours||Not available||£43||£140|