I am an experienced teacher based in the Battersea area. I teach all levels from beginner through to advanced, both on pedal and lever harps. Lessons are fun, and include musicianship skills as well as harp technique and work on how to 'perform'.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Harp and music theory
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA Hons (Oxon) and a PGDip from Trinity College of Music.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 for 1/2 an hour and £35 for an hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Battersea, London, but have both pedal and lever harp here so there is no need to bring your own!
- When are you available?
I teach on weekends and mid-week evenings. I am also happy to continue lessons through the school holidays if wished.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and all levels of ability.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for ABRSM grades if wished but can also teach without doing exams if the student prefers.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I believe in encouraging students to achieve their highest potential and have had success with students performing in exams, competitions and in preparation for music scholarships. I do not however, believe in forcing a student to play in a way that is stressful or pressurised. The most important thing is that music is fun and lessons are enjoyable!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching privately for more than 10 years, both children and adults. I was also the harp teacher for Brunel University for some years.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied with Daphne Boden at the Junior Department of the Royal College of Music, and later at Oxford University. Following this, I studied with Imogen Barford at Trinity College of Music before embarking on a career as a professional harpist.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the MU.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My most recent exam results from students were two distinctions of 143.
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|