I use both modern cognitive methods and traditional tutoring to get the best results. Establishing a rapport, fostering motivation and a sense of the value and real life relevance of the what we do is key to starting out. After that comes hard work that is satisfying and fun.
I ran a school for seventeen years and taught English as a foreign language as well as the humanities. I've prepared students for exams in these fields up to A Level and then university level, especially mentoring those writing dissertations. Great success in grades and qualifications. My own are a bachelors in English Literature and a Masters in Educational Studies.
Cancel a day before or you still pay whether you make it or not.
An accomplished linguist and educator, with 17 years building and managing International House Nicosia, a multifaceted educational institution offering English, Turkish, French, German, and Greek, as well as history and literature in English.
He is currently looking for challenging opportunities in education and education management and is willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Skills and expertise:
• Overall management
• Budgeting, financial control
• Personnel management
• Teacher training
• History and English Literature tuition
• Swedish (fluent), Turkish (upper intermediate), French, German and Italian (all basic)
Managing International House, Nicosia 1997 -
• Introducing the IH dynamic in language teaching to Cyprus
• Building an excellent team, teaching and administrative
• Building student numbers from fifty to 160
• Achieving IH affiliation, becoming the only internationally accredited language school in Cyprus
• Placing students into UK universities on a pro bono basis
Setting up a vibrant business: Nicosia Language Centre (1997):
• Establishing the first school of its kind in North Nicosia
• Implementing on-going teacher training and development, workshops etc.
• Extending the learning experience to cultural and social spheres
Lecturer at the European University of Lefke, Cyprus 1991-1997
• Deputy Head of ELT Department
• Curriculum development
• Teacher training
• Teaching English Literature at Bachelors level
• Scuba diving
1996 Masters in Educational Studies, Sheffield University
1988 RSA Certificate in English Language Teaching, International House, Hastings
1987 BA English Literature, Exeter University
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, dissertation lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|