As unorthodox as it may sound, I am not keen on talking in my lessons. I prefer to give the floor to my students so that they practise as much as possible keeping my grammar explanations to the minimum. I try to bring the lesson as close to life as possible. In addition to the loads of practice, the activities are fun and challenging. Many of the activities are created by me to maximize the speaking output. Even though my main focus as a teacher is developing conversational skills, other skills won't be ignored either. Moreover, I systematically work on eradicating my students’ frequent mistakes.
I was studying to be an interpreter, but, by accident rather than by design, I became a language teacher and fell in love with this job.
With over 12 years of teaching English, Russian and Ukrainian under my belt, I’ve taught all levels, general and business to a wide range of ages of 6 to 65.
I have lived both in the US and the UK and am well-versed in the cultures of both countries.
June 2010 – present
Closer to the Dream School of Foreign Languages (Kyiv, Ukraine)
MANAGER, CO-FOUNDER, CORPORATE MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
• Corporate management: liaising with existing corporate clients as well as soliciting business from potential customers; interviewing corporate clients for level placement, setting up schedules, providing the necessary documentation (agreements, invoices, etc.), feedback collection and analysis.
• Staff facilitation: job interviews, induction, testing, training.
• Organization and management of the office day-to-day operations.
• Liaising with the existing customers, assisting them in resolving disputes, if any.
• Organizing and implementing a successful transition from a paper-based to electronic student management system.
• Managing social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
• Creating video and photo content for the above-mentioned social pages.
• Copywriting: texts for social posts, mail-outs, ads, web-site articles, etc.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH AND RUSSIAN AS FOREIGN LANGUAGES, TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER, TOUR GUIDE
• Successfully teaching English to dozens of corporate clients, both Ukrainian and international companies.
• Teaching English to mostly adults, all levels, business and general English, individuals and groups.
• Teaching English to children as young as 6-7 and older. Experience in creating a 2-year course tailored to the needs of a particular group of children. The parents (who were constantly present at the lessons during the first years) rated the efficiency of the lessons so highly that their children continued studying at our school for over 7 years.
• Teaching children how to read in English, using Doctor Seuss books as one of the resources.
• Developing and successfully teaching a course for beginners in Russian as a foreign language.
• Conducting engaging Video and Discussion clubs.
• Creating and successfully applying own activities for drilling particular grammar and/or vocabulary topics (cards & board games).
• English-speaking tour guide: I have conducted tours of central Kyiv for large groups (about 20 people) and mini-groups (married couples). It is something that I both enjoy and have a good idea of how to do well, since any new city visited by my family and I starts with an excursion (having visited 50 different cities in various countries, we may well have been on tours of a half of them).
• Document translation and notarization.
• Interpretation (business meetings, conferences).
• Compiling and conducting tours of central Kyiv in English (groups 2-25 people).
August 2019 – May 2020
Al Rayyan Private Schools (Doha, Qatar)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
• Teaching English to grades 7-9 (girls).
• Creating daily plans, weekly plans, quizzes, exams and any other auxiliary materials in compliance with Qatari requirements.
• Meeting short deadlines in completing the above listed documents.
• Devising a study plan and teaching IELTS to grades 10-11.
September 2008 – May 2010
Greenwich School of Foreign Languages (Kyiv, Ukraine)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH AND RUSSIAN, CORPORATE TEACHER OF ENGLISH
• Teaching English (levels from Starter to Advanced, general and business English, individuals and groups, student testing).
• Level placement for new students.
• Teaching Russian to foreigners.
• Conducting Saturday speaking classes, video discussion classes.
• Teaching English to corporate clients.
2005 – 2008
FREELANCE TEACHER TO INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS, FREELANCE TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER (ENGLISH, RUSSIAN, UKRAINIAN; DOCUMENT NOTARIZATION)
September 2005 – June 2010
Kyiv Institute for Interpreters and Translators (city of Kyiv, Ukraine)
Specialist degree (an equivalent of a Master’s) in simultaneous interpretation and general translation in English, German, Ukrainian and Russian.
August 2004 – May 2005
Saint Joseph Catholic School (city of Ogden, Utah, USA)
Participating in the FLEX (FUTURE LEADERS EXCHANGE) program, I had a chance to study in an American school and live with an American family. It was an educational experience all the way. At school I studied American Literature, History, AP Calculus, Computer Technology, Theology and other subjects all in English (and some of them in Spanish). At home I received life lessons from the Weinsteins, an originally Texan family, who welcomed me as their own. I have never stopped looking up to them and being grateful for making that year one of the best ones in my life. During my stay in the US I also conducted presentations for school students about Ukraine and volunteered at local charities.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
• TOEFL iBT: 114 points out of 120 (taken in January 2014).
• Languages: English (proficient), Ukrainian (native), Russian (native), German (A2), Polish (A1), Spanish (A1), Italian (basics).
• Apart from living in the US, I’ve also travelled extensively in Great Britain, visiting all four countries of the United Kingdom and roughly 25 different cities overall.
• Skilled in working with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro, Microsoft Office.
• Skilled in web-site administration using Joomla, WordPress.
• Interests: travel, reading, cinema, creating games and teaching resources.
• Why my students and clients like me:
- ability to maintain good lesson dynamics and a friendly atmosphere in class,
- creative approach,
- minimum lecturing, maximum speaking practice,
- adaptability to students of all walks of life,
- making students think;
- superior knowledge of English and teaching skills;
- highly developed people skills;
- solid public speaking skills and proven ability to interact with the audience.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business english lessons for all!
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|