my teaching methods include diagnosing problems, completing past papers and mock papers, watching informative videos, explaining concepts and dissecting mark schemes and specifications.
I am a BA History second year student studying in London and have been tutoring since my first year at university. I have taught up to 20 different students but have tutored 4 students through to their GCSE exams. My students have shown strong progression in their grades since we first started.
Lessons over 5 miles away will be £20 p/h to cover the cost of travel expenses
Term time Address:
98 Beechtree Avenue, Englefield Green, Surrey TW20 0SR
15 Mendip Road, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire DN17 1TN
Mobile: (concealed information)4 Email: (concealed information)
A creative, hardworking, punctual, and committed person who is very practical and focused, working towards a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and International Relations. I enjoy communicating with others and being busy and active as well as working as part of a team, and have a keen interest in economics, investment, and politics. I am an honest candidate who loves to work and better myself, I strive to provide top quality service and doing so gives me a large sense of achievement. As a current student, I enjoy working to broaden my future opportunities, having a future goal of extending my degree beyond my current university studies into a Masters Degree and thenceforth a Doctorate.
• Excellent research skills
• Adaptable learner
• Creative problem solving
• Leadership abilities
• Computer proficient
• First aid trained
• Inquiry based learning
10/2014 to 02/2016 Team Member
• Cleaning in and around the building, ensuring safety at all times.
• Operated Compactors to discard cardboard boxes and rubbish.
• Promptly and empathetically handled guest concerns and complaints.
• Greeted customers and provided excellent customer services while courteously interacting with them.
• Operated the drive-thru window and tills quickly and effectively.
• Prepared all food orders within a 2-3-minute time frame.
• Assembled food orders while maintaining appropriate oration control.
• Handled cash and card transactions quickly and accurately.
• Followed food safety procedures according to company policies and health and safety regulations.
06/2015 to 02/2016 Retail Assistant (Visual Merchandiser)
DCK Concessions- Scunthorpe
• Rotated manufactured products as necessary.
• Worked with other staff and manager to coordinate delivery and merchandising schedule.
• Pinpointed incremental sales for representatives and myself to pursue.
• Ran mark-down reports, managed stock replenishment and analysed purchasing reports.
• Removed damaged, out of code, not in set and discounted items from displays.
02/2016 to 09/2016 Store Assistant
• Answered questions regarding the store and its products.
• Demonstrated care for the products and advice.
• Greeted customers and ascertained customer’s needs.
• Helped customers with questions, problems, and complaints in person and via telephone.
• Maintained the upkeep of the click and collect area and placing orders for customers.
09/2016 to 01/2017 Casual Lounge Assistant
Runnymede Hotel- Egham
• Accommodating guest’s requests for beverage and food.
• Promoted the hotels loyalty scheme through communicating with customers and providing recommendations.
• Resolved service-related issues in a timely manner.
• Verified that personal and payment information on guest’s accounts are accurate and complete.
• Solicited feedback through questionnaires to evaluate levels of guest satisfaction.
• Developed departmental objectives via work policies and schedules.
• Personal Tutoring for students
• Organising timetables and revision plans
• Going through exam papers and practice papers with students
• Targeting weak areas of study and set improvement goals
06/2014 to 09/2014 Reading Activist
Bottesford Library- Scunthorpe
As part of the ‘Big Summer Read’ event across Lincolnshire I volunteered my Summer after leaving secondary school to encourage younger peers to read books. We asked children to tell us about what they had read and rewarded them for doing so.
12/2016 to Present Museum Exhibition Volunteer
Egham Museum- Egham
As an opportunity to develop my skills and expand beyond the classroom walls of university lectures I volunteer a few hours a week at my Local museum. This involves planning and researching our newest exhibitions, collecting the materials and interviewing individuals to bring the collection to life. In doing this I hope not only to target a wide range of individuals but demonstrate a part of local heritage that appeals to everyone.
‘Secret Scunthorpe’- Published by Amberley Publishing LTD
This was my summer project through June to September 2017. This book concerns the hidden or lesser known elements of the town’s history and acts as an educational guide to rediscovering Scunthorpe as an industrial garden town. The book is scheduled to be released on the 15th November 2017.
GCSE: Melior Community Academy
English Literature: A* ICT: A* A* Art& Design: A* A* A* A*
English Language: B History: A*
Mathematics: B Fine Art: A*
Double Science: BB Music: A
A Level: John Leggott College
English Literature: B
Psychology: B (AS Level only)
Royal Holloway University of London
Currently studying BA History and International Relations. Work, assignments and exam papers submitted at present can be presented upon request.
Year 1 grade: 71% GPA. (First Class)
Grade 1 Cello, awarded by ABRSM. Level of Merit.
Grade 2 Cello, awarded by ABRSM. Level of Merit.
Grade 3 Cello, awarded by ABRSM. Level of Distinction.
Prefect 2013/14 at Melior Community Academy.
Anti-bullying Princess Dianna award on behalf of Melior community Academy.
First Aid trained by St. John ambulance.
Semi-finalist in the student investor challenge 2015/16. Provided by the London institution of Banking and Finance.
Head of History department on the Student Leadership team 2015/16 at John Leggott College.
Tracey Turner: work experience employer – Manager of Matalan, Scunthorpe. Contact details: 3 Skippingdale retail park, DN15 8NN, (concealed information)
Adele Ridley: Previous employer – Area Manager of DCK, Scunthorpe. Contact details: 07(concealed information)
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, philosophy lessons for all!
Taking politics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|